Hauck Varioguard car compatibility

U

Unregistered

I have Ford Fiesta (2006) and I bought Hauck Varioguard For my 9 month son. The man from the shop, who checked my car, didn't say anything. He only said that it doesn't have isofix (which I alread knew).
When I checked the list (that came with the seat) of cars Varioguard is compatible with for Ford Fiesta it says from 2008.
Now I don't know what to do. Should I return the seat? We installed it with 3 point belt and it looks fine.

ADS

_juune

I have Ford Fiesta (2006) and I bought Hauck Varioguard For my 9 month son. The man from the shop, who checked my car, didn't say anything. He only said that it doesn't have isofix (which I alread knew).
When I checked the list (that came with the seat) of cars Varioguard is compatible with for Ford Fiesta it says from 2008.
Now I don't know what to do. Should I return the seat? We installed it with 3 point belt and it looks fine.

I can't for some reason access Hauck's manual download page right now to check out what exactly it says, but some manufacturers are more stringent than others on how important the car list is; car not being on the list may mean that the manufacturer deemed it doesn't fit, but it can also mean that the combination simply hasn't been tested. Btw, what does the car list say, isn't it for isofix installation only?

_juune

I found the car list online. I think the most likely explanation is that the seat wasn't tested in an older Fiesta when the list was made. It actually says in the beginning that other seating positions than those listed may also be acceptable, so if the salesperson checked the install it's probably fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC