I get the worst mommy award tonight.

jaemom

I am so freaked out! I dropped Ds3 off at a friends house at 5pm to go to a sports event and out to dinner with his family. It is now after 10 pm and I got a text that they are headed home and I *just* realized that I FORGOT TO LEAVE HIS BOOSTER! Aaaaccccckkkkkk! He is 7 yo, 47" and 45 lbs. bad bad bad mommy.

ADS

jaemom

Glad that they had a spare to use!

I'm glad it was someone else that still uses a booster! Most kids around here don't, even though legal age is 8. My 10.5 and 9 yo still use boosters and I know of only 1 other family that does for that age group.

CMeMeC

I am so freaked out! I dropped Ds3 off at a friends house at 5pm to go to a sports event and out to dinner with his family. It is now after 10 pm and I got a text that they are headed home and I *just* realized that I FORGOT TO LEAVE HIS BOOSTER! Aaaaccccckkkkkk! He is 7 yo, 47" and 45 lbs. bad bad bad mommy.

At least they had a spare! I don't know many kids my kids ages 6-8 that use a booster. I do keep an extra (or a few) for them in my car. I, however, will take the award from you. I went to the grocery store yesterday and forgot to buckle my 4 year old in his harness between the grocery store and deli. Fortunately, nothing happened, but I still felt bad about it. He can only buckle the chest clip and he thought it was funny that I forgot!

jaemom

At least they had a spare! I don't know many kids my kids ages 6-8 that use a booster. I do keep an extra (or a few) for them in my car. I, however, will take the award from you. I went to the grocery store yesterday and forgot to buckle my 4 year old in his harness between the grocery store and deli. Fortunately, nothing happened, but I still felt bad about it. He can only buckle the chest clip and he thought it was funny that I forgot!

Wen my boys were younger I forgot to buckle one and he started wailing as I pulled out of the driveway"stop I'm not safe! Stop!". Lol

CMeMeC

Wen my boys were younger I forgot to buckle one and he started wailing as I pulled out of the driveway"stop I'm not safe! Stop!". Lol

My mom forgot to buckle the oldest once. When he got home he informed me grandma almost killed him.

momtoo3

Ds3 (6) had to sit in ds2's nbb the other day for a two minute drive. He didn't like not having a headrest. The next time he got in the car with ds2 he looked at him and in a very matter of fact voice said "mom must love me more because she got me a seat with a headrest so if we crash my head will be safe. She doesn't care about your head because she just got you that little seat and your head will go through the window in a crash." And now my almost 80 pound, 56 inch 9.5 year old wants a hbb after two years of complaints about being the only one of his friends to use one. He five steps in every vehicle he rides in except dh's yukon.

jaemom

Ds3 (6) had to sit in ds2's nbb the other day for a two minute drive. He didn't like not having a headrest. The next time he got in the car with ds2 he looked at him and in a very matter of fact voice said "mom must love me more because she got me a seat with a headrest so if we crash my head will be safe. She doesn't care about your head because she just got you that little seat and your head will go through the window in a crash." And now my almost 80 pound, 56 inch 9.5 year old wants a hbb after two years of complaints about being the only one of his friends to use one. He five steps in every vehicle he rides in except dh's yukon.

I guess we can never win! Lol! My DS1 will be 11 in May. He is about 56 inches tall, but weighs 65 lbs. I've only found 2seats he can 5 step in, and they are the middle seat in the back of our sedan and FILs SUV. He is happy I found the incognito so no one sees him in a booster in the van, which is our main vehicle. But he hasn't asked to be out of it yet.

nataliem257

This made me snort a little. Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that is hilarious. The stuff kids come up with lol.

Mommy!

... The next time he got in the car with ds2 he looked at him and in a very matter of fact voice said "mom must love me more because she got me a seat with a headrest so if we crash my head will be safe. She doesn't care about your head because she just got you that little seat and your head will go through the window in a crash." And now my almost 80 pound, 56 inch 9.5 year old wants a hbb after two years of complaints about being the only one of his friends to use one. He five steps in every vehicle he rides in except dh's yukon.

That's just hilarious! :) I can see my 4 (almost 5) yr old saying that. He's very serious.

Well here's my most recent "bad" (read: evil? :evil grin: ) moment:

Friday night our neighbour asked me to pick up her 9 and 13 yr old sons, their religious school (not our religion). He doesn't ride in a booster anymore in his parent's car but he doesn't come anywhere near 5 stepping. In the backseat, three across in a sedan, I had DD in her HBB, DS2's (empty) FF seat installed, and DS1's HBB for 9 yr old (my DS's weren't there). Her 13 yr old up front.

9 yr old really didn't want to sit in the booster. Exact words after several minutes of his protesting, "I'd rather walk than sit in that seat!"

Me: "Okay with me, walk". Get in driver's seat, shut driver's door, start engine :evil grin: I've never seen a kid get in the car and buckle his booster (correctly) so fast. ;) The look on his face was priceless, and his brother was cracking up too.

BTW: I wouldn't have really left him, and know his parents well enough to know they're okay with my "humour/convincing".

jaemom

That's just hilarious! :) I can see my 4 (almost 5) yr old saying that. He's very serious.

Well here's my most recent "bad" (read: evil? :evil grin: ) moment:

Friday night our neighbour asked me to pick up her 9 and 13 yr old sons, their religious school (not our religion). He doesn't ride in a booster anymore in his parent's car but he doesn't come anywhere near 5 stepping. In the backseat, three across in a sedan, I had DD in her HBB, DS2's (empty) FF seat installed, and DS1's HBB for 9 yr old (my DS's weren't there). Her 13 yr old up front.

9 yr old really didn't want to sit in the booster. Exact words after several minutes of his protesting, "I'd rather walk than sit in that seat!"

Me: "Okay with me, walk". Get in driver's seat, shut driver's door, start engine :evil grin: I've never seen a kid get in the car and buckle his booster (correctly) so fast. ;) The look on his face was priceless, and his brother was cracking up too.

BTW: I wouldn't have really left him, and know his parents well enough to know they're okay with my "humour/convincing".

Lol. We took a van full of DS1s friends to a minor league baseball game for his 10th birthday last year. None of them have used boosters in a while, but i knew none of them were bigger enough then Ds1 to 5 step in the van. They got in to find a LBB in every seat. They all looked at each other as DS1 got in and buckled his booster like he always does. Then, they shrugged, got in the boosters and buckled without a word. They are all great kids. But the look on their faces was priceless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC