2005 F150 Supercrew?

grace

Need a RFing convertible for my MIL's truck. It is an '05 Ford F150 Supercrew. Currently has a lowback Harmony and a harnessed Frontier, plus whatever the new seat winds up being.

MIL has fibro and arthritis, so the seat needs to be easy to buckle and adjust strap tightness. It also needs to be reasonably inexpensive. I'd love to stay under $100, and do have a seat to trade in for the 25% off BRU sale. Currently considering the SureRide, Triumph LX, and while it's more than I want to spend, I do love the MySize I have in my van.

So... Seat suggestions? We do extended RF, so no low limit seats like the Scenera. And tips on how to puzzle them together? I'd like to be able to have the RF seat and the booster outboard (I don't believe the middle seat has a shoulder belt), but the techs that installed the Frontier were unable to get it in the middle seat position, so that seat is currently outboard. I haven't tried installing it myself yet though.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I have found Graco buckles to be difficult, but I think I heard they are using different ones that are easier now. I liked the ease of the Dorel buckles like on the Safety 1st Advance Air+ 65. Maybe the Guide has the same buckle? I also find the chest clip on that seat, with the front button rather than something that requires squeezing.

jess71903

Ambassador
Is the Supercrew the one with 4 full doors or with the suicide doors? In any case, most anything will fit width wise. I think Graco buckles are pretty much the same as everything else but Evenflo now, right? Just the regular square IMMI buckles? Your mom might find keeping a spoon handy helpful for leverage.

grace

It is the full 4 doors. She doesn't have trouble (so far) unbuckling the MySize. The plan is to hopefully go to BRU here soon so we can try out a few different seats. I know the Britax was a real pain to install, so I wasn't sure if there were any seats I should avoid in that regard, or any that are extra great. Heck, even the MySize was hard to get tight. We did eventually get it nice and snug in that middle seat, but it took my rather large ex pushing on it to get the buckle tight enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC