Educate me on the Britax seats

dhardawa

It's been awhile since I bought and used a convertible seat. I'm a huge Britax fan and always used their seats. I need to recommend a seat to someone and realized I am not really up on the current line of seats. Which one are people preferring? Thanks!

ADS

Dillipop

The new click tight convertibles are pretty awesome. The boulevard and advocate are the tallest rear facing seats out there now- they allow you to rear face to an inch from the top of the headrest now. The marathon click tight is a bit shorter. The forward facing harness height is super high as well. They last for 10 years. And click tight makes them sooooo easy to install- even easier than the old britax!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dana, remember the old King? Where you lifted the shell up and clamped it all down onto the seatbelt? And everyone said it was the easiest install e.v.e.r? The click tight is like that. Lift, route, clamp, done. Both RF and FF. The Regular Marathons and BV's are roughly the same as the old ones.

Only problem with the click tight, as I see it, is the weight. I was on the phone with a Britax rep a couple weeks ago when we were shopping for a new convertible, and when I mentioned travel she said, "Oh, the click tights all weigh 30 lbs. Do you travel a lot?" We do. With a Radian, even, but that's my limit!

We ended up with a Marathon G4.1 to replace a Roundabout 40. The Marathon is bigger and heavier than the RA but not by much, and somehow puzzles even closer between Radians (same direction) than the old RA did. And the new generation Britaxes install even more easily than the older ones. I'm sure click tight is an absolute cinch but the others certainly aren't difficult.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC