Issue with britax advocate clicktight - anyone else seeing this and advice...

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
I am having a problem with my britax advocate clicktight. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this/is having this problem. Sometimes the harness does not tighten evenly. For instance, the right side will be tight, yet the left side will be loose. This keeps happening. I have checked everything I can think of - there are no twists in the harness, the harness straps are correctly threaded both at the yoke in the back and at the leg connections, and I can't see anything it could be catching on. I can't make sense of this. Sometimes it will tighten correctly, other times it is a very minor difference, other times it is like in the picture below. The right side is super tight (too tight), and the left side - well, you can see the amount of strap I can pinch.

IMG_8770400x300_zps3773c75b.jpg

Clearly this is a safety issue and I wasn't about to drive him around like this, so I undid the installation. A few cheerios fell out. It's possible that was the problem, but it seems unlikely. The first time this happened to this degree, there was no food there. Also, reinstalling the seat fixed the problem for now.

Thoughts?

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
There was an issue with some of these seats being shipped to stores without the harness straps being properly attached to the seat at the hips. Check your manual for how to find that connection and you will be able to fix it yourself.

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
It is attached correctly. I was aware of that issue when I bought it and checked it before it's first use. It came correct from the manufacturer. I also re-checked it this afternoon and it was also fine. The hip connection is correct and not causing the problem.

Dillipop

Is your baby maybe a little crooked in the seat when you put him in? That's the only time I have issues with a fixed strap on my kids- the child is off center or slouched weird.

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
No, he's not crooked in the seat. I even tried loosening the straps, straightening him out, and then re-tightening. I got the same results in the picture above. I might give Britax a call either tomorrow or Tues.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Weird! I hear of this happening from time to time in seats that have literally no reason for it to happen in (terminal harness ends attached correctly), and it's like an unsolved mystery to me :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC