Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Britax pre-2012 compliance?

Britax has this to say on their Canadian site:

Q. What are the new standards implemented by Transport Canada for car seats on January 1, 2012? Can I still use my BRITAX car seat if it was manufactured before January 1, 2012?
    A. Please be assured that there is no need to replace your car seat due to the new regulations. All BRITAX car seats manufactured before AND after January 1, 2012 are compliant with Transport Canada’s current dynamic test standards. For information about the new child car seat safety regulations, please visit Transport Canada’s website: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/re...h145e-6605.htm.

So does this mean that my Frontier XT, manufactured in 2010, is compliant? I tried reading the info in the pinned posts above but I'm still not sure.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Keeks64's Avatar
    Hi There

No, your 2010 seat is not compliant. A few Britax models were compliant in mid 2011 but nothing prior to that.

R: 09/2008, 40lbs & 44"
    D: 07/2012 27lbs & 33"