Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Diono Rearfacing in Nissan Rogue 2015

Hello,

Does anyone have experience installing a Diono Radian RXT Convertible rearfacing into a new version of Nissan Rogue?

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    Hi! I don't have experience with that particular vehicle, hopefully someone who does will come along.

One question, though, what age child will the seat be for? The angle adjuster accessory can make the Diono fit in a lot of smaller vehicles, but it is only suitable for children who can sit up and who have good head control.
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

Do you have any specific questions about the install? (Do you own the seat already?)

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

Re: Diono Rearfacing in Nissan Rogue 2015

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui276 View Post
    Do you have any specific questions about the install? (Do you own the seat already?)
    I am actually in the process of figuring out what car to buy. No, I do not have the seat, but I will be buying two of these Diono seats in about a year, and I 'd like to know how they fit into a Rogue, which is one car that high on my list.

And to answer jwilliams's question, the seats will be for two children who will most likely be just shy of one year, or sooner if they grow fast .

I have no experience with the vehicle but one thing that I found very helpful when I was new car shopping was to bring my car seat with me and install it in all of the cars that I was interested in to see if it installed easily or fit rear facing in them.

Try installing it in your current vehicle first so that you are comfortable with it. I would also recommend using an angle adjuster when used rear facing for a child that old as it will help it fit in a lot more vehicles.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by expee View Post

I am actually in the process of figuring out what car to buy. No, I do not have the seat, but I will be buying two of these Diono seats in about a year, and I 'd like to know how they fit into a Rogue, which is one car that high on my list.

And to answer jwilliams's question, the seats will be for two children who will most likely be just shy of one year, or sooner if they grow fast .
    That's great! It means that you should be able to use an angle adjuster for them. Knowing that, unless you and your husband are really tall and keep your seats really far back (or really reclined), the Radians should fit just fine front to back.

Having said that, the back seat of the Rogue looks like it could be trouble for the RF boot on the Diono seats, due to the plastic hinges. It appears that the center seatbelt comes out of the passenger side rear seat, and that the buckle for the passenger seat is well onto the center seat. Here's the picture I was looking at.

ForumRunner_20141112_111246.png
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Having said that, the back seat of the Rogue looks like it could be trouble for the RF boot on the Diono seats, due to the plastic hinges.....
    Thank you for pointing out. I' would have missed that until it was too late. By teh way, the Rogue may be too small for our needs. That's what my wife thinks ;-). I dislike vans with zeal, and large SUV's, but it seems I'll just need to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jacqui276 View Post
    ..... one thing that I found very helpful when I was new car shopping was to bring my car seat with me and install it in all of the cars that I was interested in to see if it installed easily or fit rear facing in them.
    That's what I decided to do last night. I'll just take the seat with me and try it in all vehicles.

Thank you to all!

The Honda CRV and Subaru Outback would both likely be easier for car seats. We can easily do 3 across in our Outback and have tall people ride in the front seats with RF car seats behind them.