Narrow seat?

jewlsvern

Is there any other narrow seat besides the radian? My friend is having baby girl #5 and needs to be able to fit 5 car seats. 2 in boosters I think.

ADS

jacqui276

Do you know what vehicle she drives, what other seats are currently being used/the seating positions of these seats?

The radian is one of the narrowest over all but sometimes different combinations of seats puzzle well with one another to make getting 3 seats in a row in tight places possible.

jewlsvern

Currently in a Nissan quest but looking to get an Odyssey or suburban or other large vehicle.
2 girls are in expired Eddie Bauer 3n1s so she needs to get 3 seats I think. She likes the radian but not the cost.

MommyShannon

While not particularly narrow overall, the SureRide is narrow in the back and tend to puzzle well. How old and big are all the kids?

aporthole

The Harmony Defender is a forward facing only combination seat (5 pt harness that converts to high back and eventual backless booster). It is only half inch wider than the Radians.

The Defender would be great for the 4 year old. If the 2 year old is/will be for sure forward facing then the Defender would work for that child as well.

Walmart is the exclusive retailer of the Defender but they've been extremely limited/out of stock for the last few months waiting on Harmony's production to catch up. In the mean time you can purchase a Defender directly from Harmony by calling them. It is $100 plus shipping of around $15-$120. Harness to 65 lbs, 18.5" top harness position, no-rethread harness height adjustment, slim and low profile, and makes a very good booster later.

If the 2 year old will be rear facing, the Evenflo SureRide/Titan 65 mentioned would be a good one. It isn't particularly slim but does tend to puzzle nicely with slim lower profile seats like the Defender.

lgenne

For any FF kid, she can look at the Harmony Defender. (Which I think might still be out of stock but is available from the manufacturer directly.)

If it's in her budget, I'd look at getting a 2011+ Odyssey and putting 3 across in the 2nd row in wide mode. Put the oldest in a NBB outboard, and whatever 2 kids make the most sense in the 3rd row. That opens up lots of options.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC