Question Chicco Nextfit Problem and Clek Foonf Questions

Violet's Mom

We have a Chicco Nextfit (not new, we purchased it soon after it came out). I generally like the seat a lot. My question is this: I find it extremely difficult to tighten the straps. Initially the strap pulls fairly smoothly, but it quickly gets increasing difficult, even when the straps are fairly loose. It has gotten to the point that I do not feel comfortable driving my daughter someplace in that seat if it is only me, because it is so hard to get the straps appropriately snug. (My husband struggles with it as well, but is able to muscle it enough that the straps cannot be pinched.) My daughter is rear-facing, which makes the angle a little difficult, but our other seat (Peg Perego convertible) is much easier to use so I don't think it is just that. Does anyone else have this problem? Anything we should check that could be causing this?

In am considering getting a Foonf for one car. Is that a fairly easy seat to use, in terms of getting kids in and out, tightening the straps, etc.?

Thanks!! :)

ADS

thepote

Hi- this is an issue I've seen here before. Try raising the headrest up a couple clicks so the harness is just at the shoulder. This has fixed it with a few I've seen. Seems Chicco customer service will tell you to try this first. If it doesn't solve the problem call their customer service and see if they have any other ideas. Since it's a common problem hopefully they have a solution.

Good luck!

aporthole

I also find it very helpful to leave the chest clip undone while tightening as well as moving it down toward the crotch buckle. Once tightened then move the chest clip back up into position and buckle.

Violet's Mom

Thanks for the suggestions!

aporthole, I've tried that and it doesn't really make much difference. There is tremendous resistance to tightening the straps. It is really incredible and beyond anything I have experienced in any of the other 4 seats we have used.

I'll give the headrest height an adjustment and see if that does the trick!

cso1997

Yes, the Foonf is awesome. Butter smoother mechanism. The only downfall is the seat weighs as much as a baby elephant. Other than that, I love it.

Spam

I have the same issue with my nextfit, its easier if the chest clip is undone until it's tightened but sometimes it still seems like it's not tight enough, I wonder if maybe it's the harness strap covers, I have one of the original ones with the stiff non-removable harness pads, I often debated cutting them off and ordering the new ones, but for now it's a backup seat, even though I loved it... the Foonf however didn't feel the love there at all. It's easy to tighten the straps, I'll give it that, but it's not the seat for me. Sits really high up, hard as a rock compared to plushy britax, diono, chicco seats, and it's a beast to move. I recently sold mine. I would suggest checking it out in person first, some love it, some hate it. I'm drooling over the new britax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC