Fitting an infant and 2 convertible car seats (3 car seats) in a Prius

libelle219

I'm posting this because I searched for hours to figure out if I could get 2 toddler car seats and an infant car seat into the back of a Prius, specifically, so hopefully this helps others who are trying to do the same thing. We got two Diono Radian Rxts (I personally like the wings; I feel like they protect the kids better and give them some support when they fall asleep) and a Graco Snugride Click Connect 30 into the back of the Prius and there is a wee bit of elbow room left, still. It worked best with the infant carrier on the side, rather than in the middle. It will be easier to get in and out of the car that way, anyway, but the single seat is a little wider, so the infant carrier just sat on that side better. I spent the afternoon trying different configurations. I can even get a cup holder into each of the Radians.

I hope this helps others trying to get three car seats into a Prius! I'm not sure if the width of the Priuses are different, but we have a Prius V. (The tags of everything are still on in the pictures because I was making sure everything fit before taking them all off!)

10444726_779004618078_1855428231809088840_n.jpg

image.jpeg

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC