Booster recommendations for Toyota Sienna for twin boys

mama23boys

Hello!

We're booster training our 6.5 year olds, they've been riding in Britax Marathons and Evenflo Triumph Advances in my van and my husband's car (Mazda CX9. However, the Marathons are about to expire and they are coming close to outgrowing the Triumphs.

They are 6.5 yrs old, 46lbs, and 46 inches.

We've used our 10 yr old's Evenflo Big Kid Sports for booster experience but we'd like something with a better head support because they do tend to fall asleep on long car rides.

Thanks for your advice!!

ADS

aeormsby

I really like our Britax Parkway and our Recaro boosters (the Vivo is discontinued, the Performance booster is great though).

Do you have any space issues (you mentioned a 10yo, any other kids?). What positions to they sit in the vehicles (in case someone knows something particular works great/not great in certain spots). And is there latch where they are sitting?

There are so many options for boosters, latchable boosters are nice because you don't have to remember to buckle them in when they're empty (so they don't go flying in an accident if they aren't being used). And with boosters it's so much about trial to make sure they fit well in the vehicle (no interference from the headrest, make sure the belt retracts smoothly, and that the fit is good on the kids). The Performance booster doesn't convert to a NBB and it's wide but it might be my favorite of all of ours, it's comfy, has latch & cup holders and works great with the seatbelt in all the spots we've used it, it doesn't work well with tilted headrests though. My kids haven't had any issues sleeping in any of the HBB we have (they're listed in my siggy).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC