Need girly Regents... what should I do?

MsFacetious

We have the Onyx Regents in my Dad's 2005 Dodge truck right now. Long belt path, tethered. (The tethering is the difficult part of this install because it's a truck.

We have to get another set of seats. I have a 1986 BMW that I'm going to be driving most of the time. I will be using my Dad's truck for trips to my in laws cabin, to the grandparents, ect. So about once a week. Possibly more during the winter, if I need 4 wheel drive.

I can not, simply can not handle moving the Regents once a week. :( I've known this, I keep pushing it and I just can't do it anymore. I'm not real good at coming to terms with my limitations. :whistle:

So, the plan would be to get two new Regents to use in my Dad's truck, according to new instructions. Using the old Regents in my car, since I can't do it with new instructions once they hit 40lbs and need short belt path. I also can't do that in my Mom's 4 runner which I use occasionally.

I was really holding out for the Shannon Regent... hoping it will appear this fall. But, I'm going to have to get these seats soon.

My question is... if I go ahead and order the Madison Regent... what are the odds that the Shannon cover will be available seperately? I'm assuming it will be because of the small selection of Regent covers.

Anyone hear anything new about the new Regent covers coming out? So I could buy the Shannon cover and Ebay the Onyx ones. Or possibly keep them as spares.

That is all of course dependent on them making a Shannon Regent cover in the first place. I doubt I would be as thrilled with another girly cover. lol

Thanks in advance for opinions...

ADS

amy919

Sorry - I have no idea, but I really want some confirmation that the new girly Regent is the Shannon!

MsFacetious

Yeah that's the other reason I'm not real motivated to hold out and wait for it. lol If they end up coming out with some hot pink cover instead of the Shannon I would be so pissed.

We are still working on fixing a few things on the car so I don't have to decide right now. That could take longer than I expect and I might end up waiting till December to get them anyways. :) I can hope at least. :)

ignora

Senior Community Member
I've heard it usually takes about a year or so from the time the new cover is available with the seat until you can buy just the cover itself. <-- Does that make sense?? :)

mommy2env

Susan from Britax told me over the phone that there will be a girly replacement cover sometime late November or early December. When I asked if it would be the Shannon, she didnt say yes or no. Hopefully, but I doubt it. They would make more money by selling it with a seat. So who knows, what she did confirm is that the Mariposa will be available as a replacement. Not that it helps you, just wanted to throw it out there.:p

mommy2env

Yes it's for the MA. She said that it was initially set for mid October or something, but they pushed it to Mid Nov or early December.

MsFacetious

I don't think that anyone has heard anything about the Shannon being a cover choice for the Regent. Am I wrong?

No we were hoping since someone found one on Ebay, and then they were coming out with a new girly cover that hopefully it would be a Shannon.

I will probably just get the Madison Regents and if a Shannon Regent appears I will have to decide how bad I want it. If I wanted it really bad I could always buy the seats and then ebay them with Onyx covers lol

skaterbabs

Have you contacted Dana at the Delphi forum? When I got my Regent from her it was around $250 shipped to a business address.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC