Clek Fllo

3 ladybugs

Thanks to the PP for answering some of my questions. I have more though.

Is the crotch strap adjustable like in the Foonf?

I am not getting the price difference unless the cell technology is just cheaper, which to me implies that the Foonf is on the way out. Is that a fair assumption?

ADS

Clek CPST

Looks really nice! Thanks for the extra details, Trudy :)

ETA: I'm guessing it will have REACT Technology as well?

The Fllo has energy absorbing crumple technology. It's made from the same aluminum honeycomb material found in racecar bumpers, and is still absorbing the energy and giving the child additional time to stop moving, but it is a different design and placement in the Fllo compared to Foonf.

Angela it actually doesn't have REACT but a crumple zone in the form of a 'honeycomb' design. I guess more similar to Britax's Safe Cell.

Trudy, FYI - when you look at the site and click on the colors it shows the Fllo and correct color but says "Foonf" in the description on the bottom :)

The EACT in Fllo is performing the same function as the REACT system in Foonf - it's absorbing some of the energy of the crash and giving the child a longer period of time to stop moving. It is just modified and placed differently. It's still made out of the same aluminum honeycomb material the way REACT is.

Thanks for letting me know about the website error. I'll let our team know so it can be corrected.

is the shell shorter or is the base design just different making it more low profile?

The base design is different. Foonf has a detachable base for rear-facing, and the seating area is attached to the base that has rigid LATCH integrated in to it.

Fllo uses a recline foot to move between rear and forward-facing modes, and it is recessed in the seat bottom when forward-facing and flips forward when the seat is rear-facing.

The interior seating area for the child is identical between Foonf and Fllo. (Harness slot height, headrest adjustment, seat cushion, crotch buckle, etc.)

Thanks to the PP for answering some of my questions. I have more though.

Is the crotch strap adjustable like in the Foonf?

I am not getting the price difference unless the cell technology is just cheaper, which to me implies that the Foonf is on the way out. Is that a fair assumption?

Yes, the crotch buckle is adjustable in length the same as the Foonf. The interior seating area of Foonf and Fllo are exactly the same.

The Foonf will continue to be made. Fllo is an additional seat being added to our lineup. Foonf's REACT technology has maximum benefit when the Foonf is installed using rigid LATCH. We recognize that not everybody installs their car seats using LATCH, so Fllo adds a seat that allows the energy absorbing crumple technology to have the same benefit whether it is installed using LATCH or the vehicle belt.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I saw it yesterday, installed it in a few different orientations. MUCH lighter (about 10lbs), flip foot is reminiscent of that on the TrueFit or the Frontier XT/85 in how it moves from one mode to the other.

I saw the Canadian version and the ARB is required. A very nice addition to the line up I think. I only tried it in one vehicle (RF and FF, lower anchors then seat belt) and I was pleased.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC