Infant seat shopping!!

desisue0131

Baby #4 is due in November so I'm on the hunt for a new infant seat! I used a keyfit 30 for #2 and #3 but a local mama was in need so I passed the seat down to her so she didn't use something really old and banged up.

Soooooo what should I get? I really like the look of the new Peg infant seat!

ADS

desisue0131

No budget really, I would like something light since I live in Maine and baby will be carried in it until spring so he/she doesn't freeze in our weather!!

seb3244

We went with britax this time because the height goes to 32inches rather than the Chico at 30.

Baby is due any day I can post back a review after she is born :)

desisue0131

We went with britax this time because the height goes to 32inches rather than the Chico at 30. Baby is due any day I can post back a review after she is born :)

I have a friend who loves her Britax infant seats! Now that I think back the reason I bought the Chicco was because it was smaller and I drove a Jetta at the time. Now I drive a Suburban so size doesn't matter!! However if I'm going to spend some $$$ it would be nice if baby didn't outgrow the seat in 6 months!!

CarSafetyGuy

I have a friend who loves her Britax infant seats! Now that I think back the reason I bought the Chicco was because it was smaller and I drove a Jetta at the time. Now I drive a Suburban so size doesn't matter!! However if I'm going to spend some $$$ it would be nice if baby didn't outgrow the seat in 6 months!!

I know you said something light, but you also said size and money don't matter, so what about buying a Pacifica for permanent storage in the car and something like a Snugride for day to day use?

desisue0131

I know you said something light, but you also said size and money don't matter, so what about buying a Pacifica for permanent storage in the car and something like a Snugride for day to day use?

This past winter the outside temp dropped to -40 so I really want a seat I can just grab out of the car and run for the house with!

wavegal

I will most likely be going with the peg 4/35, it will last a lot longer than most of the other seats out there right now(like probably could have gotten 3 winters out of it with my DS2).

desisue0131

I will most likely be going with the peg 4/35, it will last a lot longer than most of the other seats out there right now(like probably could have gotten 3 winters out of it with my DS2).

I have seriously been eyeing this seat! It looks so squishy too! And it's under 9 pounds so I should be able to carry it all winter!

DawgDad

My only qualms with the Peg is that it sits your baby up more than other seats. That's why we went with the Britax B-Safe this time around for our 3rd. Our first two would hardly sleep in the carrier (which is a must for sanity's sake), and would overall fuss a lot about feeling more "squished" when they couldn't move their head as well.

Definitely take a look at the B-Safe...plus the install is a breeze on the new bases.

wavegal

My only qualms with the Peg is that it sits your baby up more than other seats. That's why we went with the Britax B-Safe this time around for our 3rd. Our first two would hardly sleep in the carrier (which is a must for sanity's sake), and would overall fuss a lot about feeling more "squished" when they couldn't move their head as well.

Definitely take a look at the B-Safe...plus the install is a breeze on the new bases.

They redesigned the peg so that really isn't the case anymore. That is why i skipped it more in the past.

jordansmom

I'm due in a couple weeks and we decided on the Nuna Pipa for #3. I was originally waiting on the Peg 4.35 to be released, but fell in love with the dream drape of the Pipa, the stability leg and rigid latch safety. I finally got around to installing it today and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

DawgDad

They redesigned the peg so that really isn't the case anymore. That is why i skipped it more in the past.

Good to know. Didn't even bother looking at it since it was a sour taste in our mouth, plus the Britax came with a great attachment to our City Mini, which made it really a no brainer (no other infant carrier attached as secure as the Britax for the City Mini).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC