Leg room conundrum

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
NannyFam has asked me, recently, about why NannyKid needs to stay RF. She's just 18mos old :( She is currently RFing in MA70s, and is apparently screaming every ride, all ride. (She doesn't give me any trouble, except occasionally when I first load her, because she doesn't want to buckle. She's in a MyRide in my car.) I suspect part of the problem is the lack of leg room, based on what Dad is telling me - or at least that's what they perceive to be the problem.

I'd like to offer to lend them a seat. Right now, I have NannyKid #1 riding FF in a NextFit (I *just* turned him FF, and was debating turning him back, because I'm neurotic like that... he turned 4 in March and is maybe 34-35lb) but will probably move soon to a ProSport. NannyKid #2 is in the MyRide. I also have a Radian and a Scenera... I think that's it as far as convertibles go, I've gotten rid of most of my stash. There are plenty of options for configurations in my car, though.

So I think the three options are the NextFit, Radian, or MyRide. I will most likely be the one to install it, so I'm not too concerned about ease of install. If it was you, which of those three seats would you offer them?

Note that the family considers ease of use important, and generally chooses high-end items. I am leaning towards the NextFit for that reason, but am wondering if the low sides of the Radian or greater legroom of the MR should win out.

Thoughts??

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks. That was kind of my first instinct, too. I am wondering if they will go for it, despite it being a lower-end model (not something I have an issue with, it's my favorite carseat for RF, ever,) since she's happy with it. Plus, it has cupholders... :whistle:

I'd still be interested to hear what others think. That SuperCinch LATCH install just owns all of the ease-of-use things in the world, but then the Radian's low profile makes it so easy... I keep debating. (They aren't the type who will 'try this, then try this, then try this... if I can convince them to borrow a seat instead of turning her, it will be a one-shot deal. I'm just hoping to get her a few more months RF.)

rachelandtyke

Maybe just don't draw attention to the fact that it's a Graco? Just talk it up about how easy it is to use, how cool the cupholders are, how much she loves the seat already when it's in your car . . . ?

babyherder

I'd just say she likes the seat in your car and offer to lend it to them to see if it helps. I kept my nanny girls rear facing past age 4. She was rf in a myride and I flipped her when she got over 37lbs. If I had a seat that would fit her rf I'd flip her right back.

aeormsby

Another vote for the Myride - for several reasons: She's happy in it in your vehicle so you know she doesn't hate the seat, and I wouldn't want to lend out the more expensive seats.

If they want to see what they think/try out the other seats you have if she does well in the Myride in their vehicle I'd let them take a look (since those are seats you typically can't find in a B&M store).

canadiangie

If its a one shot deal I'd offer a Radian. Diono/SKJP competes directly with Britax -- the two are in the same class. I wouldn't even bother trying to convince them about a Graco. Just my honest opinion, because I've BTDT many times with .. one shot deal families. :)

Belle's Mamma

If its a one shot deal I'd offer a Radian. Diono/SKJP competes directly with Britax -- the two are in the same class. I wouldn't even bother trying to convince them about a Graco. Just my honest opinion, because I've BTDT many times with .. one shot deal families. :)

I'd have to agree. Parents like that won't use anything that they don't think is "the best ____" . The Radian might actually appeal to them b/c of the price point demonstrating that it posh car seat as well as the fact that Radians are known among those "in the know" so they can say that they knew about Radians before they were cool :rolleyes:

Gotta keep up with the Jones' you know.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC