Where to buy the 65lb Radian?

Maggs

I just recently purchased the 48lb Radian, because I could not find the 65lb one anywhere. I want the 65lb one, I can return the current 48lb one if I can indeed find the higher weight limited one. But I need to find it ASAP so that I will not feel guilty in returning the current one. LOL

ADS

Susan

Depends I think on where you live but TJ's Kids in Vancouver has them on their website saying 65lbs. The base is $229 and the Premier is $269

Lea_Ontario

We got ours at a local baby boutique - called Baby Shack.

I'm pretty sure that Safety Superstore had the 65lb ones as well.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Pretty much anywhere you can buy the Radian should have 65lb seats EXCEPT Canadian Tire. All of CAnadian Tire's seats are 48lb seats and once they're sold out I don't think they'll be getting any of the higher weight limit seats in.

So any of the stores the others listed are good. I believe Tummies to Tots will give you the best deal on free shipping.

The other thing you can do is call some local baby boutiques if you have any - I went to Britax's site and located retailers for them in my area and then called those stores to ask if they carried the Radian. :cool: 2 of the 3 I called did. :)

emilia

Anyone know why Canadian Tire won't be selling them anymore? I saw they had them on sale for $100 recently (I guess that would have been a good time to upgrade!

Emilia

emilia

I was under tha impression that the 48 lb seat and 65 lb. seat were the same. It is true that the Radian is only a 48 lb. seat in Canada? I thought it was the same seat as the one that goes to 65 lb. in the US.

Just wanted to confirm since we plan to use it to 65 lb.

northernmommy

Those with a DOM sticker AFTER May 2007 go to 65lbs, any earlier DOM is only approved to 48lbs. According to SK, they are still the same seat, but the ones prior to May 2007 hadn't been tested to 65lbs by transport canada...no-one will tell you to use your pre-May 2007 seat for above 48lbs, as that would be illegal...but they are the same seat, just different stickers...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC