Travel convertible car seat (Canada)

annijen

Hi everyone. My 10 month old currently uses the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible as our main car seat, but we are looking for a second car seat for travel, daddy's and babysitter's car etc.

The criteria are:
a) easy to install - this will be moving between cars more often
b) easy to use and adjust - I really hate tangly straps, and complicated adjustments (love no rethread harnesses)
c) will fit RF on a plane - we are taking a trip in the summer when LO will be 12 months
d) Comfortable - LO is not a fan of the car, though moving from the infant seat to the convertible helped quite a bit as she's higher and more comfortable
e) relatively light - since we will be carrying it in the airport and transferring between cars (I'm very petite)
f) not particularly concerned about price. Safety is more important

Do any of these make sense: Cosco Scenera, Combi Coccoro, Evenflo Sureride, Guide 65?

My husband drives an Audi A6 and we will probably be renting an SUV or minivan on our trip since we have to transport a lot of people. LO is around 50th percentile (currently 71cm and 8.52kg - nearly 28 inches and nearly 19lb)

Thanks!

ADS

tiggercat

The Cosco Scenera has a 32in height limit rearfacing so I would rule that out.

The Coccoro is not available in Canada, so strike that one too.

Guide 65 has a 36in RF height limit, might be ok depending how long you plan to RF. Installation can be simple or tricky depending on vehicle.

Sureride is 40lb/40in for height, ultra light, and simple to install with UAS. This would be my front runner for a back up seat. In fact, it is my back up seat :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC