Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Frontier 90: Fit issues in 2010 (or 2011) Impreza, CRV, or RAV4?

Hello all,

We are planning on adding a second car to our family, and we already have two Britax Frontier 90s. They are currently installed outbound in our 2010 Forester. We expect to move them between the Forester and our new car, as they as so quick and easy to install/uninstall (which is why I bought them).

Before we buy our second car, however, I figured I'd check to see if there are any known fit issues with the Frontier 90 (or earlier versions) and the 2010 (or 2011) Subaru Impreza, 2010 (or 2011) Honda CRV, or the 2010 (or 2011) Toyota RAV4.

If you own the Frontier and one of these cars, even a earlier model of Frontier or a slightly older/newer car, I'd love to hear about your experience!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jlpoirier; 05-04-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Typo correction

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I have a FR85 in a 2010 RAV4. Fits great. I have to have the second row slid back, but no complaints. To use the TA, you install the seat, slide the vehicle seat forward to access the TA and then slide the vehicle seat back.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Re: Frontier 90: Fit issues in 2010 (or 2011) Impreza, CRV, or RAV4?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I have a FR85 in a 2010 RAV4. Fits great. I have to have the second row slid back, but no complaints. To use the TA, you install the seat, slide the vehicle seat forward to access the TA and then slide the vehicle seat back.
    Thanks for the fit info, and for the installation tip! I clearly don't know as much about the RAV4 as I thought I did, since I had no idea the 2nd row of seats slid....well, anywhere! I will have to look into it.

Anyone else have Impreza or CRV info?

Where are you worried it will fit? Height or width? Are your headrests removable in the back? My problems in my car are usually a combination of the both ('14 Ford Fusion).

CPS Technician
    I can't remember off the top of my head but in either 2011 or 2012 the CR-V changed to non adjustable/non removable headrests in the outboard rear seats. I had a 2008 which had removable ones and my dad has a 2011 or 2012 and they are not removable and super annoying. They make forward facing seat installs awkward.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    I can't remember off the top of my head but in either 2011 or 2012 the CR-V changed to non adjustable/non removable headrests in the outboard rear seats. I had a 2008 which had removable ones and my dad has a 2011 or 2012 and they are not removable and super annoying. They make forward facing seat installs awkward.
    Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgDad View Post
    Where are you worried it will fit? Height or width? Are your headrests removable in the back? My problems in my car are usually a combination of the both ('14 Ford Fusion).
    I don't know what the problems might be, height or width (or both!) - I just wanted to be sure I wasn't setting myself up for problems by buying a particular car and then being unable to use our carseats with it!

We are most interested in the Impreza, so would love to hear from anyone who has a pre-2012 Impreza (year the model changed) and a Frontier of any stripe.

If you can, just bring your FR90 with you and try it out in the cars. That is what I did with mine when we went car shopping a few months ago. I also did not want to find out after the fact that there would be issues with my seats!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    If you can, just bring your FR90 with you and try it out in the cars. That is what I did with mine when we went car shopping a few months ago. I also did not want to find out after the fact that there would be issues with my seats!
    Yes! I absolutely should have done that, but unfortunately, it did not occur to me when we test drove the Imprezas last week. And since the dealership is so far away, we weren't going to go look again - we would only go back if we were planning on buying one.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    12 or 13 I think, my FIL just swapped his 09 crv. The new one sucks for a few reasons. Haven't tried ff, but for rf the split lower anchor has been moved to the drivers side and the rear seats are now fixed position. Ill keep my 07, thanks :-)