Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: booster seat?

Carseat Crazy

booster seat?

I am looking for booster seat recommendations for a 7y 5m boy, 50ish lbs. No latch available, he is tall, 3rd row of envoy xl. Thanks!
    C: 12/06, maui PW
    M: 02/08, carbon vivo
    C: 12/10, RF sporty blue TF

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

Re: booster seat?

Do you have a budget?

Graco TurboBooster is one that fits most kids well
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

Carseat Crazy
    No budget, but if the $14 one is just as good as the expensive ones than that is fine with me. We have a parkway and a vivo for longer trips, but I think he is ready for a backless booster for short trips/carpool/etc and when I want to do a 3 across in my middle row.

Carseat Crazy
    I tried a nautilus in backless mode, but it seemed to be too high and slanted in my already deep slanted seats.

My daughter loves her Turbobooster. She says that the one without Safety Surround is more comfortable(if you're going for high back.). The backless Turbobooster is great too.
    Sarah
    Dd 10/07 Main seats: Graco Turbobooster & Graco Turbobooster with Safety Surround. Back up seats: Backless Graco Turbooster and Harmony Youth Booster.

Carseat Crazy
    we love our Santa Fe - but my DDs also like the lite rider and it works in the third row of my van.

Carseat Crazy
    Can I still get a santa fe? I looked for it on Amazon with no luck.

Babies r us shows it online

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/booster-c...15536-12371165

Diapers.com

http://www.diapers.com/p/diono-santa...d=802077&qty=0

Amazon will have the new one releasing on May 15th

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Diono-Solana-Belt-Positioning-Booster-Graphite/dp/B00ISS2TDW/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1398530135&sr=1-1&keywords=Santa+fe"]Amazon.com: Diono Solana Belt-Positioning Booster, Graphite: Baby[/ame]
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by CMeMeC View Post
    No budget, but if the $14 one is just as good as the expensive ones than that is fine with me. We have a parkway and a vivo for longer trips, but I think he is ready for a backless booster for short trips/carpool/etc and when I want to do a 3 across in my middle row.
    We have many diffrent boosters and my kids always choose the walmart harmony one so I would just get that one maybe grab two one for the car and then a spare for just in case.

Carseat Crazy
    It is for "just in case", so one will be enough. He has a parkway that he usually uses. But after a recent bout of illnesses, an extra booster is probably a good idea. He also has an amp hbb in dad's truck, but he is never home when I need it. I also think it would be good for when he stays at grandma's. She falls in the "my kids didn't use car seats and they're fine" group and he can handle a backless booster on his own.

Carseat Crazy
    I got my Santa Fe at diapers.com maybe a month or so ago. not sure if they still have them.

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by E&A0607 View Post
    I got my Santa Fe at diapers.com maybe a month or so ago. not sure if they still have them.
    They have them on the site, but all say out of stock.

Carseat Crazy
    They have them on the site, but all say out of stock.
    Bummer! We really love the seat!!! Fits my smallish but looooong torso 7.5 year old very well.

Carseat Crazy

Bummer! We really love the seat!!! Fits my smallish but looooong torso 7.5 year old very well.
    I wonder how the new diono backless compares?

Carseat Crazy
    I wonder how the new diono backless compares?
    I don't know. Does it even have a release date yet? I'm not one to jump on new products though, lol, I like to wait and see reviews/issues - but that is just me!!!

Carseat Crazy
    I should add that we got the Santa Fe on wicked sale so I guess I'm not too surprised they are out of stock. DD is about 49" and 53lbs - but all in the torso (she wears a size 8 shirt and has outgrown the back of Graco boosters). The Lite rider fits her well in my vans 3 rd row but not any other vehicle she rides in regularly. It's a very narrow booster , IMO, but she is narrow too We also tried the Top Side for my moms car. it is wider. the belt routing didn't help the fit for us, in fact it made it worse.

I don't know. Does it even have a release date yet? I'm not one to jump on new products though, lol, I like to wait and see reviews/issues - but that is just me!!!
    Amazon.com says May 15th