Question Performance Ride , Frontier , or Pinnacle

U

Unregistered

I am looking for a comfortable FF harnessed seat for a 3.5 yo. DS is 36 inches tall, wears size 3 shirts and almost fits in size 3 pants. He is 28lb. I want somethings as plush as his nextfit, which is going to DS2. We do long drives and he needs to be comfortable and able to sleep as well. I have never seen a performance ride in person, so how does it compare to padding and comfort of Britax, and is there a difference in comfort in the Frontier and Pinnacle?

ADS

abigaylebelle

Just in case-do you mean the performance sport? The performance sport is a forward facing only harness to booster seat; the performance ride is a rear facing to forward facing convertible seat.

The performance sport is very well padded. My kids preferred the feel of the fabric and the deep sides of the performance sport over the frontier 90 but they only sat in them in a store. The top harness position is lower on the recaro vs the britax but that probably won't matter for your 3 year old.

The frontier and pinnacle are basically the same but the pinnacle has the extra cushions on the side for side impacts. It does make it quite wide if that matters to you. Otherwise I felt the cushion and seat were the same between the two.

U

Unregistered

Sorry, I did mean the sport. I have been doing some more research and came across issues with the belt path interfering with the harness. Anyone have any experience with that? The LATCH limit is pretty low on the performance sport.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
We use a Performance Sport, and while the seatbelt does cross the harness slots sometimes, it doesn't actually interfere, in my experience. Here's a review from CarseatBlog that discusses it: http://carseatblog.com/24022/recaro-performance-sport-harness-booster-review-performance-indeed/

Starting Feb 27 of this year, all seats will have LATCH limits not exceeding 65 (or 69) lbs, child and seat weight combined. So the heavier the seat, the lower the limit, generally.

I've used the Performance Sport and Pinnacle, and both are great seats. I personally preferred the Performance Sport, but I didn't have any major issues with the Pinnacle. It was just a matter of preference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC