Flying to Israel quetions

sunflower

We might be flying to Israel and I have a few questions.
(The last time was with 2 kids, so with 5 is a whole different story.)

1. I will take my spare Scenera and my Radian for the plane. All airlines flying from CAN or US allow them, correct? Each one next to a window. I will take 2 rows of 3. (Baby on lap, this trip is way above our means.)

2. I will pack my 2 Harmony no back boosters for my 8 and 9 year old, and the base of the Parkway for my 6 year old to use there. The older 2 are normally in High back, and my 6 yr. old still in harness, but I can't take 3 car seats in airport, and no one to borrow, unless I find an almost new infant seat, and put my baby in there, then my 6 yr. old will harness.

3. Scenera for my 1 yr. old, and Radian for my 4 yr. old in car.

We will rent a minivan. Do we need locking clips? Do the seat belts lock there?

Anything else to know about flying or renting?

Thanks so much!

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Hi there,

It depends on what type of van you rent, If you can find one that is also available in North American you may be pleasantly surprised to find it may be very well equipt with UAS and Tether points. I found this to be true when living in the Middle East. But it is not going to be the norm I doubt.

I would plan to need to use the locking clips. The Radian and Scenera should both have one stored on the back of the seat.

Mommy!

Hi there, sounds like a great trip! :)

One idea...you mentioned your baby won't have a seat on the plane, but you'll need a car seat at your destination in the rental van.

Is there any way you can bring three boosters, either backless or high back that seperate (like Graco Turbo HBB) for the 6, 8, and 9 year old to use at destination, but have the 4 and 6 year olds both ride in carseats on the plane? If you can bring a carseat that will fit either the 1 yr old or the 6 yr old the 6 yr old can sit in it FF on the plane and when you reach Israel the 6 yr old can ride in a booster in the rental while the 1 yr old uses the seat the 6 yr old flew in RF. Would the Radian work for this, FF on the plane and then RF in the car for the 1 yr old?

This way as well on the off chance that there is an empty seat on the plane and they allow you to use it you could put the 1 yr old RF in the Scenera, the 4 yr old FF in the Radian and the 6 yr old in a seatbelt.

And regarding carriers being required to allow you to use your carseat; its not planes flying out of the US that are required to, its just those that are FAA registered in the US. If you know what airline you're palnning to fly someone else might be able to chime in with some feedback, especially if its not FAA registered.

sunflower

I will be bringing 3 boosters. It's mentioned in the original post, and the 2 seats on the plane. I guess it wasn't clear. Thanks.

When I know for sure, plus what airline, I'll post that info. Thanks again.

All kids safely harnessed! Seat stats doesn't show from phone.

sunflower

The only decent price around is Transaero, that goes through Moscow. We're also Considering Turkish Airlines, since we'd be able to go from Canada rather than the US like we'd need to do for all the other airlines.

Does anyone have experience with them and car seats?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Nimommyof2

I think the confusion was you mentioned a lap baby but I assume you will put the next two kids in the carseats on the plane? Good luck sounds like quite the trip, I have no real experience but sounds like an okay plan

sunflower

The airline is Ukranian International Airline. They only recently started travelling from the US.

Any experience?

Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC