Narrow booster needed for 10 yr. old. for 3 across in Canada? posted by Nicole

U

Unregistered

I am trying to find a narrow booster for my son as I have 3 carseats across. He is almost 10 but doesn't pass the 5 step test to go without. Any suggestions?

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Can you give specs on your vehicle, and the age, weight, and specific seat that the other two are in?

What have you tried so far?

jacqui276

Over and above the previous questions, is there head support for him in the seating position that he will be in?

One of our narrowest boosters is the harmony youth booster (available at Walmart) but he will need vehicle head support to be able to use it since it is backless. What is he currently riding it?

Keeanh

Assuming you have a headrest, you could try the Apramo from Canadian Tire. It's fairly narrow and low-profile, and $15 at Canadian Tire until Thursday.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Assuming you have a headrest, you could try the Apramo from Canadian Tire. It's fairly narrow and low-profile, and $15 at Canadian Tire until Thursday.

At that price, I'm going to go pick one up to keep as a spare if I need to make room for a third person. Hopefully my store has some in stock.

U

Unregistered

I had written this out earlier, not sure why it didn't post:(

I drive a Buick Enclave and have 3 kids in the middle bench seat. We need the back for storage. There is no headrest in the middle. That is where my son was located since he gets carsick. He is 57" and 85# and has outgrown the evenflo booster but when I did the 5 step car test the belt seams to still get him in the neck but his legs are fine. We will have to try a lowback booster but I find he slips his bum forward and the seat goes with him:( My 7 year old daughter is in a britax frontier and my 3 year old I think I am going to order a marathon to give us a bit more room. The booster obviously has to go on the side but I just don't like how it sits there:(

U

Unregistered

I've been having trouble getting a reply to show:)

I drive a Buick Enclave and my 3 kids are in the middle bench seat as we need the back for storage. My son is 9, 57", 85# and has outgrown his evenflo booster. He was always in the middle because he gets carsick but there is no headrest:( My 7 year old is in a Britax Frontier and I was going to purchase a radian for my 3 year old. My son does not pass the 5 step test as the belt seems to still hit his neck and he tends to slip forward on the seat. He has trouble in backless boosters because they slip forward with him. It also does not fit the best on the side seat.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had written this out earlier, not sure why it didn't post:(

I've been having trouble getting a reply to show:)

Your posts are moderated, so it all depends on how quickly a moderator sees there's a post waiting in the queue; registering and then verifying your account via email would eliminate the wait. Sorry for the delay! I didn't see anything else waiting on this thread though, so perhaps a computer glitch to prevent anything earlier from actually posting.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC