Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Triplets - U.K.

Unregistered

Triplets - U.K.

Hello, my parents have just bought a 2009 Honda Civic. We have 6 year old triplets and a Renault espace but now looking into booster seats that will allow them to fit all 3 kids into the back of the Honda civic.

Struggling to see if this would work.....could be a disaster.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    Andrew

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Triplets - U.K.

Hello and welcome!

If the UK Civic is the same as the US Civic, it could be very, very difficult.

I am not familiar with the boosters available in the UK, but am glad to see that the Bubble Bum is available there.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/...1_108290_10001 Three Bubble Bums should fit, and if the UK Civic is the same as the US Civic, all three rear seat positions should have head protection. The Bubble Bum isn't fun to use as a PRIMARY seat, but for your parents' vehicle, it might be a good option!

You could also try: http://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cosi-...efault,pd.html This booster is 46 cm wide (18"). This MIGHT fit with other seats.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Depending on the year of the civic, it is very different from the US one. I would say maybe a bit smaller than the US one.

The bubblebum I think will still fit but not sure about anything else sorry
    T - Mar/2012- 45lbs 42" FFing in a Pioneer
    A Dec/2015 Keyfit 30

Yikes. I just found photos of the 2009 UK Civic.

http://www.motors.co.uk/car-34593548...8096511_2a.jpg

That backseat definitely looks challenging, especially with the center section being slightly elevated over the two outboard seats.

Hmmm... let me go do more research.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg

Post #13 here states the user had three child seats in his Civic. He doesn't say which seats, but that makes me think there *might* be a way. Granted, harnessed seats sometimes are easier to fit than boosters because you don't have to worry about leaving room for buckling/unbuckling all the time.

Still working on things...