Britax advocate for airplane ride

seb3244

I we currently have 19 month old dd in a rf britax advocate and love it. We are going to possibly take a trip to Seattle from Phoenix and I am wondering if I install near the window if the britax advocate will fit?
Probably flying southwest, us airways or Alaskan airlines.

Dd is in the 90% of height and 70% for weight so I am not sure this seat will get dd to age 4 rf-ing so I am thinking we would have to buy another convertible anyway. To be sure the britax advocate is outgrown rf-ing when? What do I need to look for?

Also I am considering buying a nextfit or a new radian when they are release. What would you all suggest for this flight (leaving in 3 weeks) & what would you suggest for extended rear facing for a tall child?

Thanks to anyone who go this far.

ADS

MommyShannon

I don't know if it will fit, but it will have to go by the window according to airline requirements. The child seat has to be on the inside with the adult on the outside.

It is outgrown when there is only 1" of hard shell (not headrest) above the head. My almost 4 year old is average to small height and is at the limits at 38.5". A 90 percentile child most likely won't make it to 4 rf in it.
ETA: She's 26th percentile right now. She's probably due for a growth spurt.

seb3244

I don't know if it will fit, but it will have to go by the window according to airline requirements. The child seat has to be on the inside with the adult on the outside. It is outgrown when there is only 1" of hard shell (not headrest) above the head. My almost 4 year old is average to small height and is at the limits at 38.5". A 90 percentile child most likely won't make it to 4 rf in it. ETA: She's 26th percentile right now. She's probably due for a growth spurt.

Thanks so much!

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oh gosh, a wheeled folding cart for sure. Even a cheapie $20 one from just about anywhere will do it. If you attach it securely your child can even ride in it like a stroller. I don't know about you but chasing a toddler, carting all of the stuff required for traveling, possibly wearing the toddler at times...my back would just not take the strain of also carting a 22lb seat like that.

seb3244

Oh gosh, a wheeled folding cart for sure. Even a cheapie $20 one from just about anywhere will do it. If you attach it securely your child can even ride in it like a stroller. I don't know about you but chasing a toddler, carting all of the stuff required for traveling, possibly wearing the toddler at times...my back would just not take the strain of also carting a 22lb seat like that.

Perfect I will do this thanks so much!
I can't carry her in the ergo because I am 5 months preg & the ergo doesn't feel right anymore even with her on my back.
So strolling her like that would be wonderful! Thanks so much for the idea!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC