Fit - Canada

ADS

jgomez411

What age will a baby usually grow out of the snugride 35?

It really depends.
My 3 year old didn't hit 32 inches until she was 2, and she's still only 28 pounds. It will vary from kid to kid, but I'm thinking you would get around a year out of it if the kid is a little on the larger side.

abigaylebelle

Re: Fit

How long the snugride 35 will last depends a lot on the child's torso height. My kids have short little bodies and fit in the snugride 35 until at least 2.5 years old. Other kids have long bodies and outgrow it with 1" of shell above their heads at 12 months.

OP what size onesies/shirts is your little guy wearing?

abigaylebelle

Well he sounds pretty average sized then. I'd imagine the snugride 35 would last him beyond his first birthday. No guarantees of course but it really is only the very long infant who is too tall before 1.

Is there any particular reason you prefer an infant seat over a convertible at this point?

ashleypaul19

I guess for the convince of it, do you think the snugride 30 would last quite awhile to i found a good deal on one, i was going to buy a convertible but im not a fan of baby wearing probably because ive never done it but the weather in this part of canada is just horrible during the winter i feel like he would freeze if i had a fleece snowsuit on it because hes so little

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

Baby wearing is actually the easiest way to keep a baby warm in cold weather. Just throw a ring sling or front pack on under your jacket and zip it up around you both.

momof3reading

Ive got nothing to add about carseats ... but i wanted to comment about the pp idea of baby wearing. It can be very easy and your body will be much warmer and more comfortable for your LO. There are so many options! I've personally used a moby wrap (in my experience, great for new babies until 4ish months). I also used a baby hawk mei tai, easy to use and I used from 4ish months until 9 months when I switched to the ergo. I love love love my ergo and wear my 17 month old in it whenever we are shopping. It is much easier to get through stores wearing a baby than it is with a stroller. I also I have two other children and having my hands free is a huge help. I hope you consider trying baby wearing, I'm a huge fan and think it has so many advantages.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
How long the snugride 35 will last depends a lot on the child's torso height. My kids have short little bodies and fit in the snugride 35 until at least 2.5 years old. Other kids have long bodies and outgrow it with 1" of shell above their heads at 12 months. OP what size onesies/shirts is your little guy wearing?

Does the US model also have a 32" overall height limit like the Canadian model? My DD reached that at 18 months and she still had at least 3" over her head. She's got a short torso.

ashleypaul19

For snugride 30 here in canada it only goes to 30 inches and 32 inches for the snugride 35 i am considering baby wearing because my bf would prefer to have a convertible instead of the infant carrier,so its a great chance to buy the sure ride its on sale in canada for 99 at BRU any suggestions on baby carriers for a 3 month old?

Keeyamah

He does favour a side a little big will that affect how well baby wearing will work?

I think it will depend on your carrier. I've worn my older DS at over 40lbs and 40" on my back in my soft structured carrier. Perhaps look for a baby wearing group near you so you can hopefully play with different types of carriers? I'm not sure if it's the same up there as it is here. I'd love to wear my younger DS more, but at almost 17 months, he prefers to walk like big brother. He is currently 28lbs and 32-33 inches.

smileyblue4

Both of my kids were either 50% or less for height. They both rode in the Graco seat until 18 months, and could have gone longer. I was ready at that point to move them into a convertible. So I'd say an average to small baby will get to at least 18 mos, possibly all the way to 2 years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC