Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Britax Boulevard Headrest Foam

My 22 month old is currently RF in his Boulevard G3. I really like the seat, but the foam on the headrest cracked. We haven't even had it a year! I have already gotten the replacement part but it makes me wonder how sturdy the thing is. It seems like there would be some sort of plastic reinforcing it. We aren't rough on it either and I have never seen him pull or tug on it. Please reassure me that I won't have to deal with cracked foam every year...

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    Not sure, but crazy question,any chance someone is leaning on the seat as they buckle/unbuckle kiddo? My hubby likes to do that a lot, I remind him not to every time I see him, but he still does it.

Quinn (Sept '09) Riding in an Amp and Harmony Big Boost
    Sean (Aug '12) FFing in 2 RXT's

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn727 View Post
    My 22 month old is currently RF in his Boulevard G3. I really like the seat, but the foam on the headrest cracked. We haven't even had it a year! I have already gotten the replacement part but it makes me wonder how sturdy the thing is. It seems like there would be some sort of plastic reinforcing it. We aren't rough on it either and I have never seen him pull or tug on it. Please reassure me that I won't have to deal with cracked foam every year...
    I received one new in box that was broken. Britax replaced it free but I too am a but concerned about the strength of it :/

I'm not a tech, but my understanding is it's normal. That foam isn't meant to be tough and sturdy, it's to absorb forces vs the child 's head hitting a more rigid material. It's the nature of the foam.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

Quote Originally Posted by MommyShannon View Post
    I'm not a tech, but my understanding is it's normal. That foam isn't meant to be tough and sturdy, it's to absorb forces vs the child 's head hitting a more rigid material. It's the nature of the foam.
    I have a few seats with head wings and I must say the britax ones on the blvd seems the most likely to break again. I believe you are correct though and that they are designed that way for a purpose. At least the replacement is only $15