Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Mylilboyblue's Avatar

Joovy Groove Ultralight or Something else.....

I have time before I need a single so I am doing my homework. I want a lightweight stroller that is more comfortable for my kids than the BJ City Micro (original one) that we have. I need something lightweight, with a big shade, and an easy fold. I was looking at the Groove and then the Groove Ultralight but I wanted to ask the stroller gurus for ideas. Bonus it would be under $200 since I have to sell my like new BJCMD in the spring to fund it.

DS1 - 9, DS2 - 6, DS3 - 3, and DS4- due September 2016

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Joovy Groove Ultralight or Something else.....

Uppababy G-Luxe would work well. I see them on Amazon Warehouse under $200.
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit

Carseat Crazy

Re: Joovy Groove Ultralight or Something else.....

Do you like the BJCMD fold? Or would you prefer a traditional umbrella fold? Ideas that come to my mind:

Downsizing to a single BJCM
    Valco Snap or Snap 4 (four wheels, similar fold to BJCM)
    Cybex Onyx (or Ruby if you don't need a full recline)
    Baby Jogger Vue (not released yet)

I think I remember reading in other threads that your littlest likes to be worn, or needs to see you at all times...if I'm remembering correct and I was in your shoes, I'd wait for the Baby Jogger Vue. It really looks like an awesome design and you could easily transform it from a parent facing umbrella for the little guy to a front facing when your older needs a ride.

Here's a link to Baby Gizmo's review on Youtube:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfBGE3VmEzk"]Baby Jogger Vue Lightweight Stroller Review by Baby Gizmo - YouTube[/ame]

ETA: If you decide you want something more "full featured", but still lighweight and can spend a little more, you might want to look at the Ingelsina Avio or new for 2014 Trilogy. The Trilogy will have a reversible seat as well.
    Last edited by jordansmom; 01-13-2014 at 01:13 PM.