Britax Blvd and Saab 900 SE 1997

U

Unregistered

Hi,

Does anyone else have this combo? The reason I'm asking is that although I had my Blvd installed by a certified person at THE RIGHT START the latch off came undone yesterday. There was no impact. Nothing. So, it freaked me out. Now, I'm trying to find out if the seat is compatible with my car. Britax doesn't know and neither does Saab.

Thanks for the help!

ADS

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
My sister has a 1996 Saab 900S. I have not had any trouble installing my Boulevard in her car. It has switchable latch plates. What latch came undone? The Boulevard lock off or the switchable latch plate? They are ELR belts, with switchable plates, so if your switchable plates aren't working, you can use the Britax built in lock offs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, those built in lockoffs tend to pop open. No matter in your car, as the switchable plates (there's a button on the male/metal part of the buckle that you push from the picture of the person to the picture of the carseat) are absolutely perfect for installing carseats. A tech would have showed you that, not just installed your seat and left you hanging as to the purpose of the britax lockoff (which you don't need to even think about in that car).
I had that same car :). I could install anything in it easily.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC