Help with a plan? SPAM PLEASE :)

hope41more

I have a 3 year 4 month old in February traveling 3 hours in a plane to Disney with 7 others. We are not frequent fliers, and I'm not sure how to work it all.

I own 2 foonfs, which I would prefer not to take due to size and weight. I have a my ride, but I've heard they are not allowed I some planes. I will need a seat that is easy to install ff in transport shuttles. As such, lock offs would be nice.

DS is 40lbs and 39 inches, but he will grow for the 4 months before the trip. Buying a seat for the trip if it's around $100 or less is do-able if it will fit him!

Spam me with your ideas please! The more the merrier! Wendy- I know you're out there!

ADS

hope41more

ETA: what about a combination seat? There are a few on amazon for around $100 (nautilus and secure kid). What's the highly rated combo seat around here? Is it the nautilus?

Kegracin

How about an Evenflo Sureride, its not overly heavy has high harness heights pretty strait forward instillation.

babyherder

I love my evenflo maestro. Its super light and super easy to install. It won't last as long as an evenflo sureride or secure kid though. I don't think I'd want to deal with carrying a Nauti.

gigi

If you are staying on property and using the Disney transportation, I would get a ride safer travel vest if you need something to get to/from your home airport. At Disney property you will have zero use for any sort of child restraint, unless you rent a car or insist on taking a taxi.

CaseyRN

If you are staying at a disney resort leave the coarsest at home. I think there were belts on the magical express bus from the airport to resort but on the buses from resort to parks the seats are side facing and no belts whatsoever. Not to mention packed full of people :). Lol

disbugsmomma

There are no belts on the Magical Express busses or the busses on property. If you are staying off property and using their shuttles, those may be smaller busses or they could be 15 passenger vans. I have seen both. I have been known to take a seat for the plane ride and then store it in the closet for the whole vacation. If you think you may at any time need one I would bring one just to be on the safe side. We had one trip where none of us rented a car and we ended up having to replace all the food we had bought after it went bad in the broken refrigerator. Ended up having to take a taxi to Publix. So you never really know when you will need one.

That being said, I would agree with above posters and say either the Maestro, SureRide, or Harmony Defender.

ed_tricia

I think you should be okay with a myride. Locate in the manual and the sticker on the seat where it says approved for airline use. That is what we flew with and it fit, even on the little planes that were 2 seats and then aisle. If you use it, ask a stewardess for a seatbelt extender, otherwise the buckle can be super tricky. It is bulky and tough to maneuver through security scanner and skinny airplane aisles, but it should be allowed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC