Question Car seat fit

ADS

KaiLing

I'm not sure when they redesigned, but the MyRide fit fine in a 2004 Corolla. Also a 1996 Accord, a 2000 Accord, a 1995 Accord and a 2005 Mazda 3 (which is tiny--the front seat passenger didn't have much room). I think it's a fine bet, especially if front seat passenger isn't terribly tall.

ashleypaul19

Well right now we have a infant seat and it fits and i can have the handle all the way down, my knees touch the dash and the back of my seat is straight but its not uncomfortable, thats fantastic that it is a safe bet. Its very hard to find carseats to fit cuz the car is so small

ashleypaul19

Do you know how many inches it would be installed from the back of the seat to the back of the passenger so i could measure to make sure i would have enough space before ordering online

Mary_Ann

Wich infant seat are you using?

Usually, convertibles take less room front to back since they can be installed more upright. The my ride should give you more legroom.

ashleypaul19

I am using a cosco starter right now he will be about 2 and a half months when i switch to a bigger seat, im gunna measure the amount of inches i have to work with cuz most convertible car seats are around the same in length and i think from measuring before i have about 30 inches to work with

Mary_Ann

I've never heard of this seat before. Are you sure you need to have the handle down?

My mom used to have a 97 corolla and from what I remember, the backseat is pretty similar to mine. I drive a Toyota echo hatchback. I was also eating the dash with my infant seat but now I can sit with my seat almost all the way back. I have a britax convertible, but i'm sure a my ride would fit. You can also try a graco my size/Headwise/size4me.

amyd

No Cosco seats require the handle all the way down/back. In the US, they can be in any locked position. In Canada, they have to be in the carry position.

ashleypaul19

We dont have the my size/ headwise/ or the other one in canada , i didnt know that the handle could be in the carry position with a cosco seat, its just something im uset to hearing cuz the techs say to always have the handle all the way down so i always have it all the way down

amyd

We dont have the my size/ headwise/ or the other one in canada , i didnt know that the handle could be in the carry position with a cosco seat, its just something im uset to hearing cuz the techs say to always have the handle all the way down so i always have it all the way down

It's not that it can be in the carry position, it has to be in the carry position ( if it's 2012 compliant which it would be if it was purchased after Jan 1, 2012). The handle needing to be all the way down is only required by one seat now and not even allowed by most seats in Canada. Unfortunately not all techs keep up to date.

Mary_Ann

I didn't know you were in Canada too. I'm pretty sure the my ride would work. Any chance you can try it or buy from a store with free return?

ashleypaul19

I can but the only babies r us is an hour and a half away so it would be a waste of gas, i like ordering online and shipping would cost less then gas would be, just wanted to make sure it would fit because idk how there returns work

ashleypaul19

Thanks:) that linked really helped alot of those seats aren't here in Canada, im still looking into the my ride only because i have my older son in a graco nautilus and its my favourite seat yet and its so easy to use hoping the my ride is easy to use n install like the nautilus

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC