Question Oldest age a child has fit in CCO rf?

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
I'm due in May and baby will ride in a Keyfit. I have a Pavillion that we'll use in the 2nd car. We will fly approximately twice a year and will need a travel seat for when baby outgrows the Keyfit. I'm hoping to RF to at least age 3. Ideally baby would be able to fit rf in travel seat until 3 as well.

Thinking ahead for if I see a deal on the CCO. I'm thinking I might need something like the Guide 65.

Thoughts?

ADS

Lenae

The CCO is a wonderfully travel seat, however, when a child will outgrow it so such a big variable. My son would have fit RF in the CCO easily past 3, some kids outgrow it RF at 1. I think the average is around 2ish years old. I personally would not count on the CCO lasting until age 3, unless I knew the child in question had a short torso.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The CCO has the same shell height as the original brutal roundabout, so searching for old RA threads might give you a good idea on when to expect it to be outgrown. *My* long legged torso-less kids outgrew the RA riding at about 3 years old.

Suzibeck

Way back when I had a Roundabout, my leggy petite kid outgrew it rf (using the 1" rule) at just past 3.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
BRUTAL Roundabout??????

Really autocorrect, I have been using this device for how long now? You should recognise BRITAX by now.

Hazelandlucy

My DD is pretty average, about 45th % for height, and probably will get to about 2.5 yrs RF in it. I ended up finding a Foonf for super cheap so I bought that and switched her early just to give to her more leg room and a view out the window. The CCO is pretty narrow and very low set so a little claustrophobic/boring for older babies…..although she was fine until I let her ride around in the Foonf to try it for a week and then she wouldn't go back, lol. But for travel it's a great seat!

Last edited:

thekatie

J2 made it until 2 years 8 months rear facing in his CCO. He's small but not completely off the charts small. The last time we flew with it (2y 6m) I did use it forward on the plane even though he rides rear in a car.

It was his favorite seat though. Zero leg room, but he would willingly climb in, and the last few months he started asking "red seat? No blue seat! Red seat! No black seat! Red seat!" We used the heck out of the seat :)

gigi

My very tall but shorter torsoed 30 month old is getting close to outgrowing her CCO RF, I'm holding on to the last second though because she and I both LOVE it. She is probably 2" from the top, I have it tethered and euro routed. She is right on the height limit but only 27 lbs. I am hoping her torso growth stops and she makes it to 3, otherwise I'll have to buy another convertible for that car and I really, really don't want to...nothing on the market I like more than that CCO.

NVMBR02

DD2 fit until she was a bit over 3 (2-3 months after she turned 3). She is fairly small for her age and has a shortish torso.

Ds would have outgrown it by weight before turning two though and my long torsoed dd1 would have outgrown it for she turned 2 as well.

jubgulia

DS3 is 3 years 9 months and still fits RF. He'll probably fit past 4, but I just installed it for a new nephew arriving shortly.

xursusmaritimusx

My short torsod 3% overall for height 26mo old has an inch of growing room in a sr35 and about 2" of growing room in the cco. He's probably gonna be 3 when he outgrows the cco. He wears 12 and 18 mo onesies and shirts

My 4.5yo son still fits RF in the CCO, he is super small for his age though. But the seat is actually used for my daycare tots, all 1yo's and I don't think any of the 3 of them will last much past 2 RF in it. Hard to tell in this picture but he still has 2" over his head RF, but when he is FF his head is higher on the shell.

Attachments

• 616.jpg
    616.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 876.jpg
    876.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 104

java

DD 2days before her 3rd bday (and yes, she got scissors and chopped off 90% of her hair! WAH! ) . 24lbs and 36 inches tall. A tad over an inch left but right at the standing height...so basically this was at the limit. She is 3.5 and I just put her in it today actually and she is even with the top of the shell and ffing needs to be on the top slot, but does have a little bit of growing room.

My son, 2 next month, is 33ish inches tall and almost at the 1 inch mark.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC