2010 Ford Fusion Question(s)

M.Richey

I'm new here, but I have been stalking the threads for a few days. ;) We have a 2.5 year old daughter in a Britax Roundabout 50, and we are TTC baby #2. I currently drive a 2010 Ford Fusion, and I would like to keep my car for as long as possible. I am wondering how others have installed a Roundabout or other convertible seat and an infant carrier. I would like to be able to ride in the back with the babies if necessary. Would it be possible to install the infant base in the middle and Roundabout outboard with room for me? I have not purchased an infant seat yet, and I am not opposed to changing DD's seat if the fit will be better/safer. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you all may have. :)

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I'm new here, but I have been stalking the threads for a few days. ;) We have a 2.5 year old daughter in a Britax Roundabout 50, and we are TTC baby #2. I currently drive a 2010 Ford Fusion, and I would like to keep my car for as long as possible. I am wondering how others have installed a Roundabout or other convertible seat and an infant carrier. I would like to be able to ride in the back with the babies if necessary. Would it be possible to install the infant base in the middle and Roundabout outboard with room for me? I have not purchased an infant seat yet, and I am not opposed to changing DD's seat if the fit will be better/safer. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you all may have. :)

I'm not familiar with your car, so I wanted to bump your thread so someone with more knowledge can respond. :)

I'm not sure how the Roundabout will work. You may want to consider researching slimmer seats (like the Diono Radian) or a seat up on a tall, narrow base (like the Graco My Ride) to see if those will puzzle better. :)

jaemom

I have a 2006 fusion. I'm not sure if the back seats are the same. Mine has a slight hump in the center which makes it tough to get seats installed there, unless they are on a very narrow base. I just tried to put a Harmony defender in there, and it keeps tipping over, and it is one of the narrowest combination seats I could find. I was putting it in FF. And I doubt you would fit in the middle if you had seats installed on both outboard seats. There is only like 11 or 12 inches of space between the seatbelts there. Mine doesn't have any head sport in the center position either, so it's not the safest place to sit anyway. If you could find a rf seat that would fit in the center and would puzzle well with an outboard seat, maybe you could squeeze on the other side. I'm not sure. .

disbugsmomma

Ok, I played around a bit this afternoon. I had a Fisher Price Safe Voyage, which was made by Britax and is nearly identical to the seat you have. I think the only difference is the base. Also had a standard 22lb Graco bucket and a Scenera. I got good, independent installs in all configurations I tried. The only one I wasn't truly happy with was FP center and Graco behind passenger. I had to pull the bucket pretty close to the door and the FP off center, but it was still a decent install.

Here are pics of everything I tried.

20131201_153851.jpg

20131201_153913.jpg

Scenera outboard, FP center. Had to put the edge of the Scenera underneath the FP, but they were both independently tight.

20131201_154414.jpg

20131201_154438.jpg

20131201_154502.jpg

FP outboard, Scenera center. Excellent installs on both.

20131201_155224.jpg

20131201_155248.jpg

20131201_155352.jpg

FP outboard, Graco center. Again, excellent installs on both.

20131201_155606.jpg

20131201_155623.jpg

20131201_155638.jpg

I do also have a Recaro Como, True Fit and another FP if you want me to try anything else.

And sorry for the photo quality, my phone was being wonky. Probably too cold.

disbugsmomma

Oh, everything here was installed with seatbelts and I had them all on the passenger side so the seatbelts were together. No accidental unbuckling that way. :thumbsup:

M.Richey

You are the best!!!! I was really hoping for the Graco to work in the center, and it looks like it would be perfect and still allow room for me to ride back there too. Thank you so very much!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC