Who gets the middle?

K.Nortz

We are expecting a new arrival around Christmas! He will be riding in big brother's chicco keyfit 30. Big brother (40#/41"/4 years) is currently in the center of my explorer in a Blvd 65. I'm agonizing over putting one of them on the side! What is the safest option/placement for my two precious boys?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hello!

I'm assuming your older child is forward-facing?

I would put the least-protected child in the center. That would be your older child (if he is forward-facing).

HOWEVER:
  • If one seat fits best in the center, that's the one that should go in the center.
  • If you will be getting your 4yo out often for say, preschool drop-off, you might want him on the side (outboard)
  • Some people with two children find it easiest to have both be in outboard positions because of the difficulty "puzzling" certain seats.

K.Nortz

Yes. He is forward facing as he exceeds the RF limit for his Blvd. as far as in & out, it's typically once a day for my husband & I. My husband gets him to the bus stop (at his work), bus drops him at childcare, then I pick up. But I want which ever option is safest! I think (will try it out this weekend) they should puzzle fine as we've had 2 blvds back there side by side (one RF one FF) before. Just wasn't sure who would be the safer option in which spot. Thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC