RF Radian on Frontier Airlines?

romiicyy

Traveling in a little over a week, solo with a 3 year old (32lbs) and a 12m old (21lbs), both in their own seats, both with Radian RXTs. I see no reason that I have to FF either of them, but am concerned about the fit. I do have angle adjusters.

Has anyone successfully RF a Radian on an aircraft? We are flying Frontier. Any experiences good or bad with them and carseats onboard?

My 1 year old I would be concerned about FF. Any thoughts / documents on the risks there?

Thanks!

(Edited to add: I do have a Cosco Scenera and a Clek Foonf at home as well, if there's a reason to bring a different combo of seats.)

Last edited:
ADS

Jan06twinmom

Traveling in a little over a week, solo with a 3 year old (32lbs) and a 12m old (21lbs), both in their own seats, both with Radian RXTs. I see no reason that I have to FF either of them, but am concerned about the fit. I do have angle adjusters.

Has anyone successfully RF a Radian on an aircraft? We are flying Frontier. Any experiences good or bad with them and carseats onboard?

My 1 year old I would be concerned about FF. Any thoughts / documents on the risks there?

Thanks!

(Edited to add: I do have a Cosco Scenera and a Clek Foonf at home as well, if there's a reason to bring a different combo of seats.)

I'm fairly certain that I've heard of other parents getting the Radian to work rear-facing with the angle adjuster.

I've only used the Radian forward-facing on an airplane and I loved how well it worked. It allowed my DS to use the tray table while we were on the plane. With your 3yo, I would actually recommend using it forward-facing for that specific reason. It made it so much easier for my DS to play, color and eat on the airplane.

I would seriously consider taking the Cosco Scenera for the baby though. It's so much more lightweight, which makes it a nice seat for traveling.

cantabdad

Thanks!

As I recall, the few people who have described successfully fitting the Radian RF were all either on Southwest or in a bulkhead row, with several additional inches of seat pitch compared to the 30" to 31" on Frontier. I think it's going to be very tight, even with the angle adjuster.

Although you are within your rights to RF up to the limits of the carseat, FAA's official recommendation is FF for kids over 20 lbs. Commercial air travel is so inherently safe to start with that would not particularly worry about a kid FF (obviously over 1 and 20) in an appropriate restraint. You could bring a different carseat for the plane, but would have to balance that against convenience / ease of use in the car on the other end.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC