Stacking rebates for Shop.ca (CANADA)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is breaking news in Canada - currently, and no idea how long this might last for, there is an amazing collection of promos and rebates available to stack some discounts and get unheard of prices on a wide selection of seats. I don't think this includes referral codes for anyone. Many seats, but not all, are supplied by Snugglebugz, which is the Canadian forum sponsor, so that's nice :)

Step 1: Create new account at Shop.ca for a $25 new customer discount (then close the window and go to step 2)

Step 2: create a new account on Ebates.ca. http://www.ebates.ca

This gets you a 20% cash rebate for whatever you buy on Shop.ca. (You can also get rebates for any other site on ebates, but 20% is the highest right now.)

Step 3: From Ebates.ca, click through into Shop.ca and log in.

Step 4: Add items into cart, over $100 worth

Step 5: In cart for checkout, apply $25 reward. Then use coupon code: 'Save15' for 15% off or try 'retailmenot' for $10 off. Not sure if you can use both, but worth a try! Shipping is free.

Step 6: Paypal is having a promo for $25 off when spending +$75 at Shop.ca, so when you go to pay through paypal, that will be taken off there OR will be credited to you.

Step 7: Ebates send you a cheque for 20% of your purchase or deposits into paypal, whatever your choice. This is done quarterly so may take a some time to get back.

ADS

Pixelated

I know, I'm telling myself that. I REALLY don't need any but that deal is crazy good. Like a Marathon for $180, a Foonf for $250, and an RXT for $214. My mind is blown.

tiggercat

I know, I'm telling myself that. I REALLY don't need any but that deal is crazy good. Like a Marathon for $180, a Foonf for $250, and an RXT for $214. My mind is blown.

Yeah. I don't have a back up seat for Sam or if I have extra kids visiting. But do I really NEED one? Especially with a FRct that can be moved so easily?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The PayPal offer is only provided to you if you had it emailed to you by PayPal. (edit: the promo earlier this month worked this way and is expired, then PayPal sent another wave of emails in the last week or so I think it was. Hopefully shop.ca has opened it to all PayPal users and not just those who received the email)

And don't use any coupon other than the coupon on ebates.ca (I think it's "shopebates" for $10 off $50 or more, you can find it on ebates.ca) else you risk not getting your ebates. Shop.ca does not have to pay ebates if you use any other coupons (it's in ebates terms of service) and if they don't pay ebates, ebates won't pay you. This has happened to people. So you risk losing your 20% back.

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Also Shop.ca and ebates have referral programs so if we refer each other we get bonus rewards to use. I know we can't post referral codes except for in a specific CSO thread, bit does anyone think we should do that so we can all get some extra bonuses? Maybe Darren would let us set up our own thread with referrals for shop.ca and ebates and someone posts, next person uses referrals and then posts their referrals? And so on down the line?

Pixelated

Hmm, all good questions. I have no answers, at all, just reporting what many parents have been getting for deals after I posted that on FB. I haven't tried it myself.

I'm not sure you do have to have the rebate sent to you via PayPal...but maybe?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Hmm, all good questions. I have no answers, at all, just reporting what many parents have been getting for deals after I posted that on FB. I haven't tried it myself.

There is a big thread on RedFlagDeals. Some people received their shop.ca ebates using non-sanctioned coupons, others did not. With ebates citing the reason that they used coupons other than what was offered through ebates. So you do take the risk of losing your 20% if you choose to use any of the other coupons. Using the shop.ca coupon found on ebates.ca is sanctioned. People have even had ChaptersIndigo ebates refused due to using ChaptersIndigo's own "$5 off" coupons they send out. Basically, it's supposed to be one or the other, use a coupon or use ebates (and any ebates coupons). Some stores don't care if you use coupons along with ebates, some do. Unfortunately you don't know until you take the risk.

ebates states in their "Exclusions and Limitations" section:

Can I use special offers and coupons and still earn Ebates Canada Cash Back rewards?

In cooperation with our stores, we provide you with specials and coupons that you can combine with Cash Back for maximum savings. We provide you with an extensive list of store specials and coupons. Please refer to the Deals page or the store search for these offers. If you choose to use coupons and specials that are not listed on Ebates Canada, we cannot guarantee that you will be eligible to receive an Ebates Cash Back rewards on your purchases.

I'm not sure you do have to have the rebate sent to you via PayPal...but maybe?

When they were doing this at the beginning of October , there was fine print on shop.ca that said you had to have received the offer via email through PayPal. I had received the email and had no problem using it (that offer expired already). It automatically came up as "special offer" as a method of payment when I went to checkout via PayPal. People who did NOT receive the email, did not have the "special offer" payment in their PayPal account. Many people contacted PayPal about it and some were offered the $25 as a courtesy and others were simply told that it was a targeted offer not send to everyone.

That being said, they did recently send a second round out of these PayPal emails near the end of October. And it seems shop.ca wording has changed and implies now that it is open to all PayPal customers if you haven't used the $25 already.

It would be reasonably easy to check as when you check out, during the PayPal payment process you will see your purchase payment method is using "special offer" and then you select your bank account, credit card, or PayPal balance from the rest. If you don't see the "special offer", then you aren't getting $25 off. So if you don't want to purchase without that, best to quit checkout and contact PayPal first to see if you are eligible for it and they can credit it to your account if you are.

oddduck

I ended doing this (or something similar) a few weeks ago for a stroller (Baby Jogger City Versa).

Anyway -- I did receive the email (I use paypal).

$299 - $25 new user - $25 paypal discount.

I also was able to use the SAVE10 coupon (for $10 off).

My rebate is sitting and waiting for the 45 days to pass, but looks very likely. I used Great Canadian Rebates instead of ebates as ebates were only 10% when I purchased.

Stroller came in just over a week. Would do it again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC