High back turbo for 6 year old

ElaynesMom

Hi, my 6 year old dd is currently harnessed in a frontier xt in our car, which we are going to put in booster mode for her, and a true fit in my mom's 2003 escape. Her younger sister needs to move out of her infant seat and will go rearfacing in a myride in our car and in my oldest dd's true fit in my mom's escape.

My 6 year old needs a booster for the escape. She is 46 lbs and 44 inches (standing height).We are on a budget but don't want to buy something she's going to outgrow in highback mode in only a matter of months. Is the turbo booster worth it, or should we maybe look at something else?

Thanks!

Kassandra

ADS

amyd

My son has similar stats and we really like the high back Evenflo Amp for him. I feel like he has quite a bit of room left in it too.

Keeks64

The evenflo big kid is a nice high back booster too!! $60 is regular price most places & of course cheaper on sale.

The turbo is always a good choice too! The new Graco Safety Surround that target sells is really nice! It's got added side support & foam in the head rests. They are more expensive though $109 I think?

ElaynesMom

Thanks to both of you for responding. I'm hoping to take her with me to a store to see them, and we will look at the evenflo boosters you mentioned in addition to the turbo booster. Although after searching on here quite a bit I think the turbo would be ok for her height wise, having her sit against the wall her seated torso height was just around 15 inches. Sears has a super pink turbo on sale for 52 dollars, but we may decide we like the evenflo boosters better if we take a look in person.

Keeks64

Thanks to both of you for responding. I'm hoping to take her with me to a store to see them, and we will look at the evenflo boosters you mentioned in addition to the turbo booster. Although after searching on here quite a bit I think the turbo would be ok for her height wise, having her sit against the wall her seated torso height was just around 15 inches. Sears has a super pink turbo on sale for 52 dollars, but we may decide we like the evenflo boosters better if we take a look in person.

She's almost the same torso height as my 5 year old & he fits great in a Turbo. :)

Alison's Mom

My tiny 8yr old just went into a TB, at around 47 inches and 46 pounds, with a 17in torso. She fits great in it at the second headrest height. She also fit well in the Harmony Dreamtime ($50 at Walmart) and the Evenflo Amp. She liked the Evenflo best, and it may have been because of the colours, but I didn't like the fact that it had the whole back move up (as opposed to the headrest only like most seats) which left a gap where the child's back was. . . it just didn't look comfy to me. We also tried the TB Safety Surround, which I really liked, but the store only had green, which she totally wouldn't go for, and I couldn't find the purple one anywhere. I think the Safety Surround hugs the body better and looks better for sleeping. The Harmony's headwing shape also looks like it *might* be better for leaning one's head on it while sleeping.

ElaynesMom

We went and looked quickly in person and decided to go with the high back turbo, as I also wasn't a fan of how the whole evenflo seat back moved instead of the headrest, although it may not have even been an issue at all when actually used. I was able to order the myride and the turbo at great prices from sears. Thanks to everyone who answered :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC