Boon Flair high chair - any reviews?

seamonkeys

Looks great, but I'm hesitant to buy without trying in person. Anybody try it or have it? Love to hear some opinions from people who actually seen it in person! ~~thanks!

I have the Prima Pappa now and am so annoyed - I didn't realize how high they have the tray!! My poor 9 mth-old can barely reach over it - and he's tall for his age! I want to get something else and get rid of it!

ADS

hapaness

Looks great, but I'm hesitant to buy without trying in person. Anybody try it or have it? Love to hear some opinions from people who actually seen it in person! ~~thanks!

I have the Prima Pappa now and am so annoyed - I didn't realize how high they have the tray!! My poor 9 mth-old can barely reach over it - and he's tall for his age! I want to get something else and get rid of it!

A friend of mine is getting one for free because her daughter's picture is going to be on the Boon Animal Bag box. Not sure when she is getting it but I'll ask her how she likes it when she does.

bbartlettnfld

I also had the Prima Papa and hated the nooks and crannies.. It was always so dirty, and my DD was skinny and the tray didn't come close enough to her body to allow food to fall onto the tray, I had to get those old fashioned plastic bibs with the trough!

ymherrera

There is a boutique in the city I live in that has this chair and it is very sleek. I like it alot and this isn't a foldaway chair so it would be like a piece of furniture in a way...Very nice looking but pricey

seamonkeys

There is a boutique in the city I live in that has this chair and it is very sleek. I like it alot and this isn't a foldaway chair so it would be like a piece of furniture in a way...Very nice looking but pricey

Oh thanks - did you happen to put your son in it to see how he fit? yeah, I noticed on their website the only stores that appear to carry it are too southern CA (I'm in the Bay Area)! I originally thought I cared about the folding away feature of the Prima Pappa, but it turned out to be a pain cause I like the seat in the top position, but you have to put it low to fold it! And now that it's in use everyday, I never fold it up! So that part wouldn't bother me!

thanks again for the response! If I get it, somebody on the threads here mentioned a 20% coupon code for a website to buy it through! So that's where I'd buy it!! And their shipping was super cheap!

Wineaux

Let me know if that coupon code that I posted is still working. Don't forget to contact them, after you have placed the order using the code, to get free shipping. They advertise free shipping on orders over $100, but the free ship code doesn't stack with the 20% off code. You should be able to get them to honor the free shipping they advertise on their site.

seamonkeys

Let me know if that coupon code that I posted is still working. Don't forget to contact them, after you have placed the order using the code, to get free shipping. They advertise free shipping on orders over $100, but the free ship code doesn't stack with the 20% off code. You should be able to get them to honor the free shipping they advertise on their site.

yeah, I tried it a week or so ago and it did! But I didn't complete the order - I only went far enough to see how much shipping was going to be. The shipping showed up as under $7, so not sure I would even bother calling.

Thanks so much for mentioning that 20% code! I keep waiting to see if I hear any more good reviews on the highchair, but my current one just keeps driving me crazy, so I should just go ahead and order it! Can't be any worse! :p

seamonkeys

Ok, so went ahead and ordered one today from www.masonandmatisse.com using the 20% code. Then I emailed the company about getting the free shipping + my 20% off. They said no, can't do both. AND they inform me that the shipping I was given when ordered ($6.98) was wrong, and it was really going to be $40!!:thumbsdown: I'm wasn't surprised since it seemed a little cheap, but I wasn't going to complain! However, I canceled my order since I had based purchasing at that website because of the overall cost I'd been quoted! And I saw that they aren't on Boon's list of online retailers, so not sure if they are authorized reseller or not.

Anyway, I'm still really interested in this high chair, but would like some more personal reviews. I can't bare the thought of paying $200 without trying it in person first or getting some real reviews.

andbabiesmake4

I saw it in person today for the first time (never paid attn until now lol) and I wasn't overly impressed. It just seems so plastc-y (if that's even a word ;) ) .. very futuristic looking and modern but it has so much plastic on it that it turned me off :thumbsdown:

seamonkeys

I saw it in person today for the first time (never paid attn until now lol) and I wasn't overly impressed. It just seems so plastc-y (if that's even a word ;) ) .. very futuristic looking and modern but it has so much plastic on it that it turned me off :thumbsdown:

Funny! Actually all the plastic wouldn't bother me, I just want something that my baby fits in better (check out photo below - poor kid can barely reach onto the tray!) and isn't a pain to clean. With DS1 I had a cheapy J. Mason highchair that I actually liked better than my current Prima Pappa!! Only reason I switched was b/c I wanted something with wheels!

Last edited:

chelle80

I don't have any experience with it, just the peg one. I had the same problem with the tray as you. I just went to Wal-Mart and bought the $30 highchair http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5031424
they had and used it until this week. He now fits the peg one, so i sold the WM one for $20.

Or get one of these booster like this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5192166

Target also has a cheap one but its nice and sturdy. http://www.target.com/Precious-Mome...rowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&rank=price&rh=&page=1

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC