Question fitting 3 kids into a Fit

F

fitfather

I drive a 2011 Honda Fit with a backseat that's 50" wide. In a few months I will be trying to fit a newborn, a 1 year old, and a 3 year old into that backseat. I already have the 3 year old in a Cosco Scenera that is 17" wide, but I'm in the market for a few convertible seats for the other two children. Does anyone have any recommendations for super-narrow carseats or tips on how to fit 3 kids into a compact car like mine?

ADS

abigaylebelle

Hi there! I have a fit as well so I will try to help you figure this out. First, is the 3 year old forward or rearfacing in the scenera, and how big is s/he? Second, what is your budget for seats?

My first inclination would be to look at the combi coccoro for either the newborn or the one year old. Maybe even two. The radian is another seat you might consider but you will need the angle adjuster to use it rear facing so that would only work for either the one year old or the three year old.

Keeyamah

Or if the 3 yr old is forward facing, what about a Harmony Defender for him/her, pass the Scenera down the 1 yr old, then all you've got to figure out is the newborn. This is assuming the Defender and Scenera puzzle well next to each other, which I don't know.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC