Go Go Babyz Travelmate

kaismama

Has anyone used this to transport their child's car seat? What was your experience? Would you recommend it outside of the airport (using as a stroller on a sidewalk)? I am asking because I am looking for an option for transporting my son's car seat when using taxis (once he outgrows the Combi Cocorro we won't be able to use the Snap N Go). Thanks in advance.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Go-Go-Babyz-Travelmate-Deluxe-black/dp/B00A0H1BEC/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2#productDetails"]Amazon.com: Go-Go Babyz Travelmate Deluxe, black: Baby[/ame]

ADS

Eclipsepearl

Basically, the Gogo Travelmate is just an overpriced luggage cart. You can go to Walmart and buy a normal luggage cart, better quality, at a fraction of the price.

You might want to put an extra bungee cord on it to secure it. Play with it at home before the day you fly.

Get one with a metal base. The Gogo has a plastic one which I don't trust. The cart I have was originally used for work, before Flight Attendants had to use those awful rollaboards. It's more than 20 years old and has served me well. I like a telescoping handle but I've noticed that it can really jack up the price. Also, be careful if you're tall. Make sure the handles are high enough to be comfortable.

This is a good way to get the car seat through the airport in certain cases. I didn't usually bring a stroller. When my toddler got tired, he or she could ride in this set-up instead. Won't work for a younger baby though. Too upright.

If you have an infant seat, using a snap-n-go or other stroller frame might work better for you. Then you can place your infant down when not being worn. I did it this way too.

The car seat can also be transported on the stroller, if you're bringing one. This might be better if you're traveling alone. Again, you may have to play with it and you may or may not be able to let the child sit in it. Depends on the model of both items.

If you have the luxury of flying with another adult, one can push the stroller and the other can pull the car seat on the luggage cart behind them.

The best part of using a normal luggage cart is that it can be used for other purposes. You're not buying a travel-specific product. My kids are out of strollers and mine comes in handy for moving things. When your older kid has a big science project that needs hauling to school-you're set!

jnamommy

I had a Go Go Kidz. FWIW, I sold it after our first plane trip with it. It took too long to attach/detach the carseat, and it wasn't very sturdy.

The next flight, I used a nice, metal luggage cart. I put the carseat on top, and bungeed and LATCHed it on. Worked as a stroller, and to haul our carryons. It was much easier than the Go Go Kidz (and cheaper).

U

Unregistered

The Go Go Babyz Travelmate has been replaced by a newer model called the Go Go Babyz Mini Travelmate. We recently used the Mini Travelmate on an international trip from Buffalo to London Healthrow via Washington Dulles.

The airport treks we had in both Dulles and Heathrow were immense - terminal changes, elevators, escalators, and looooong walks for 20-30 minutes between security and the gate. The Mini Travelmate did wonderfully transporting our Orbit Baby G2 Toddler Car Seat. The base of the Mini Travelmate is metal and the handle is telescoping. It fits on the car seat very easily and securely, however when I tested with my toddler in it (20 months, 25-ish pounds) I did not feel the Travelmate was sturdy enough to transport her and the car seat without the Travelmate breaking around the telescoping handle. Instead we loaded the car seat with the diaper bag and my shoulder bag to free up my shoulders so I could carry my toddler on my back - I use a woven wrap.

The Travelmate was smooth around the airport and fit OK on escalators. It was easy to take on and off in the jet way before boarding, although you could probably do it inside the plane as well. You must take it off to put the car seat in the airplane seat, however the Travelmate is thin and stows easily in the overhead compartment.

They did not make me take the Travelmate off at Security, but I did ask for the Car Seat to be hand scanned because it wouldn't have fit on the x-ray machine anyway. I'll also note that they did not make me take my baby off my back and sent me through the metal detector - all around much easier than having to wrangle a toddler through security on foot.

I will use the Mini Travelmate again. I dont know how long it will last as we will be traveling frequently over the next couple of years. I doubt it would hold up as well as a REALLY good metal cart, then again I didn't feel the metal cart would suit the Orbit Baby G2 Toddler seat because the underside of the car seat has a docking ring on the underside. The Travelmate does not interfere with the docking ring, which I like.

Good luck with your trip!

Eclipsepearl

Is this it?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Go-Go-Babyz-NMTM-Mini-Travelmate/dp/B00D45BF6G#productDetails"]Amazon.com: Go-Go Babyz Mini Travelmate: Baby[/ame]

How is the seat supposed to attach to that? Still, $64 is a lot for what a luggage cart can do just as well. What you described, mine did exactly the same (yes, the 20 year old cart). Again, I can use it for other purposes now that our travel car seat days are over. This item can only be used for car seats.

Some luggage carts can be found for as low as $20.

Please don't ever stow these items in the overhead bin. They have the tendency to fly out when the overhead bins are opened. There is no need. It can easily be stowed on the floor in front or in a closet. No need to have anyone injured, especially in front of your child.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC