Picked up new seats

scoutingbear

I brought home these two seats tonight. More information coming in the next two days (and more pictures). The seat on the left is likely expired and the one on the right is a crashed seat. They are going to our area recycling program...when I'm done playing with them that is.

View attachment 22532

ETA: link to photos, lots of photos in post #4.

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Need. more. information! :D

What country are they from? Are they convertibles? Are they FF-only? Who makes them?

scoutingbear

I made a FB album of all the seats and think I changed my setting so they can be seen. I will add comments under the pictures later today as to what they are. Dh is wanting me to help paint. :/ And I have new toys. :(

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151681026067819.1073741827.549322818&type=1&l=c312dbdbb5

One of them says Cyrus on the seat and the other says Paco Rabanne on it. That's the only thing I can read on either seat. The PR has a date of 7/07 stamped on one of the stickers. There are no dates on the Cyrus.

Let me know if you want any other pictures (besides installs...too hot to do that right now).

scoutingbear

Nope! Can't use them. Especially knowing that one is expired and the other was crashed. Eeek! Did you see the booster install picture in the album though? Yikes!

_juune

I think the "Cyrus" one goes by a different name in Europe. The "Britton Safeway" looks quite similar. And, OMFG, I never had imagined it is supposed to be used like that in booster mode :jaw:

kirsty

the blue thing is a belt guide for when its used rear facing you put the shoulder belt through it.

scoutingbear

Can't link from my phone but the one with Cyrus on it looks very similar to a maxi Cosi priori. I have a source from car seat safety who has owner the same seat and verified the booster routing.

scoutingbear

It's a closed belt path for RF though. Not sure how the shoulder belt should go through. Ill play with it again after I drop off M at preschool.

_juune

Can't link from my phone but the one with Cyrus on it looks very similar to a maxi Cosi priori. I have a source from car seat safety who has owner the same seat and verified the booster routing.

I've never heard of Euro Priori having a booster mode though. But the shell looks somewhat similar indeed. Maybe a ripoff of the Priori ...
Euro Priori sps side view.

scoutingbear

I think you are right. The first one you linked is the same seat (just a newer version). It is similiar to the Priori too but this has a booster. :eek:

kirsty

You put seatbelt through tighten it then bring the shoulder belt up and put it through the blue thing I think it is a lock off for rear facing as cars in other countries don't have locking seatbelts like the us. If you look up japanese or Chinese seats on YouTube most of them are installed like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC