Maxi cosi leather seats

ADS

YinzerMama

LOL I saw these recently and went :eek:

Not only are they ugly but that's a heck of a lot of money to upcharge just for the skin. It's not like it does anything else special. I guess if you have money to blow and need something for the baby who has everything, you might consider it. I rather see dorel make a top of the line seat by giving it a nicer buckle and chest clip though.

My first car cost less than that carseat!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I like the chemical free aspect of them. And those are by far the nicest looking leather car seats I have seen. But the concept is not new, there have been leather (or at least fake leather) seats for quite a few years.

Plus, the seats in the 70's and 80's were vinyl. I'd much rather be in leather!

ZanesMom

I like the chemical free aspect of them. And those are by far the nicest looking leather car seats I have seen. But the concept is not new, there have been leather (or at least fake leather) seats for quite a few years.

Plus, the seats in the 70's and 80's were vinyl. I'd much rather be in leather!

:yeahthat:

Also, I believe SunShine Kids Radian had a leather option. I thinking it would be nice for like a DCS situation where it'd be used by a variety of children and would be easy to wipe clean. I've always found my leather car seats easier to clean vomit, dirt, etc from than my cloth seats.

That said, for my own child's daily use seat, I still want cloth because I'm not good at remembering to cover it with a towel too keep it from getting extra hot and he likes to wear shorts.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
pr-Eddie_Bauer_3-in-1_Leather_22-770_Convertible_Car_Seat-resized200.jpg

primoviaggioconvertiblecacao.jpg

15942717892576P.JPG

images

monstah

Edited)

The Monterey and AOE are horrendous! :p

The Peg is OK and I love the Maxi Cosi's. Cleaning leather is so simple! I wish there were more options.

carseatmama007

I don't think they're that bad looking compared to other leather seats I've seen. I would never pay that much for leather seats, but I can see someone with a leather interior wanting to buy leather car seats to match.

katymyers

I get wanting my car seats to match my vehicle's interior, my seats all match (quite well I might add :D). And I think most of the current options look really good, very modern and cool, not frumpy old man chair-ish like those older ones. I just don't like leather though, not sofas, not car interiors, and I especially wouldn't want it on a car seat. Talk about sweaty and hot. There's just no way it's worth what you end up paying for it, maybe if I was a celebrity and literally had more money than I could possibly spend in a lifetime I would feel differently.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC