Bubble Bum for child 35 lb?

wishbone

We are going on a vacation and was really hoping that we can take the Bubble Bum for DD for a change (vs. the bulky marathorn car seat).

DD is almost 6, but very small. She is 42" tall and only 35 lb. I looked at the requirements for Bubble Bum and it stated that there is a minimum weight of 40 lb.

Wondering if anyone know why there is a minimum weight? Is it unsafe to use Bubble Bum for a child only 35 lb? Thanks!

ADS

monstah

It would be unsafe but we may be able to come up with some other ideas for you.

Are you flying?

I'd first suggest a high back that's rated from 30 pounds. Maybe a Turbo, it fits smaller frames very well. You can pack the HB portion into your suitcase and stick the LB portion into the overhead in case your bags don't make it to your destination.
The Literider is rated from 30 pounds so if you're set on a LB, it'd be a safer option than the BubbleBum. :)

MommyShannon

Odds are a shoulder belt won't fit her in just a lbb even if you find one rated for her weight. I'd definitely look for a high back. The folding one is a great idea. Alternately, you can get a Maestro. It's a 5pt harness to 50lbs. Very light weight and easy to travel with.
ETA: The literider and some others have a strap thing to help adjust the shoulder belt, but I still didn't like the fit much until dd was closer to 50".

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We are going on a vacation and was really hoping that we can take the Bubble Bum for DD for a change (vs. the bulky marathorn car seat).

DD is almost 6, but very small. She is 42" tall and only 35 lb. I looked at the requirements for Bubble Bum and it stated that there is a minimum weight of 40 lb.

Wondering if anyone know why there is a minimum weight? Is it unsafe to use Bubble Bum for a child only 35 lb? Thanks!

That is the exact same size as my DS. As for booster fit, he fits best is the Graco Affix (TB) in HB mode. I also love the fit of the ProBooster, but hate how tippy it is, plus it's too wide for my 3 across. He has ridden in a Harmony Literider 1x. The fit was OK, but not something I would want him in on any kind of regular basis (not even for vacation).

wishbone

ok thanks. I guess we are taking her lazyboy again (that's what we call her Marathorn because she is so comfortable in it :) We have a cover for that already.

MommyShannon

ok thanks. I guess we are taking her lazyboy again (that's what we call her Marathorn because she is so comfortable in it :) We have a cover for that already.

What do you mean by having a cover? Are you checking it while flying or do you just mean a soft normal seat cover?

Stelvis

I would not use a seat that had been previously checked as luggage, much less check it a second time. The abuse they suffer being checked could be as bad as a minor accident.

However, you can bring a harnessed seat on the plane and install it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC