Sit and Stand Stroller Question

amy919

OK, so I still think I need one of these, but I'm trying to justify it. DH says it's a must, but I'm a little more hesitant. Kaylie will be 5 in September, but she gets tired of walking and then we end up carrying Tea and Kaylie uses the stroller. That gets old after a while. Thank God Tea is such a lighweight!

I know it all depends on the child, but realistically, how much use do you think I'd get out of it? Anyone have an older child that uses it regularly? Or did use it regularly? Until what age? DH says we'll get at least a year out of it. I tend to agree, but there are about 5 other stroller out there that I want (none that I *need*, however:rolleyes:).

Does it make sense to just get a sit and stand type stroller? I figure it will beeasy enough to sell if it only lasts us a year.

ADS

mommy2env

Maybe you will have another baby by the time Kaylie doesnt need it anymore. Then Teagan can ride in the back and the new baby in the front :love:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
How big is Teagan? The straps on mine did not tighten enough to keep a child very secure if they were smaller. This was not a problem till Evan got old enough that he could just take off the straps and hop out!

jmm3

We have a Sit and Stand that we got for my 4.5 year old and now 6 month old. My 4.5 year old is pretty tiny, she weighs 30 lbs and is about 38" tall. She fits with no problem, and we like it to keep her contained, but she does not like it at all. She has sensory issues and can't stand riding backwards, so I tried to just let her stand, and she is so nervous that she starts shaking. It would work out great if she could stand it though. I think we'd get at least a year's more use out of it.

I haven't tried the strap tightening yet either. My youngest is 6 months, so I'd want them pretty tight, but we haven't used it with her in the seat yet (before she was in her SS1).

I also have a 7 year old ds, and he does fit in it too, he rides in it sometimes mostly because he thinks it's funny. He weighs about 52 pounds and is 50" tall. It's a little crowded with him in there, but he could use it if we really needed him to.

4xMommy

I have the Joovy Caboose. My 4 year old wanted NOTHING to do with it at first, but he did start to use it a lot.

It's really great if you're out for a while, and the bigger child doesn't feel like walking...

5 year olds can still get moody and cranky, and not want to walk, so it might be a good investment, and you'll make a lot of your money back when you're finished with it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC