She fits the FR85 as booster!! YAY!!!!!

Athena

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

It's amazing the difference 6 months can make. The shoulder belt looks much better and the lap belt looks fairly good too (not completely flat on legs, but low touching legs). I feel like celebrating!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:
ADS

Chila88

Can she buckle it herself? I need to try DD in booster mode to check fit but just by looking at it I'm fairly certain she won't be able to buckle it herself cuz its such a huge seat.....so I've just never done it. Lazy me! Lol

HappyHoo

That's great!

When my DD was on the top harness position, she fit much better in booster mode in the Frontier. It worked well as a booster in my Mazda3 but then moving it to DH's Freestyle it did not right now. I think it would be okay once the belt guide is high enough to be above the side of the Frontier.

My DD never had an issue buckling the Frontier (first tried when she was 6 1/2). I take that back, she would sometimes end up locking the seatbelt b/c she would pull it out so far to buckle it - but actually doing the buckle was fine.

Athena

Can she buckle it herself?

Yes, to my surprise she buckled it the first time we tried, but I did help her pull the seat belt out and hold the slack, so she did not buckle unassisted. Still, given a little practice, it seemed more promising than I was expecting.

When my DD was on the top harness position, she fit much better in booster mode in the Frontier.

I wonder if their recommendation to stay in the harness until outgrown is not just to keep kids harnessed until a more mature booster age, but maybe just as much for fit. If lots of boosters worked great in our car, it wouldn't have been a big problem, but given that's not the case, I can't tell you what relief I'm feeling. Plus, she doesn't always do well with change and does love her FR85.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC