Compact convertible car seat

U

Unregistered

Hello,
I own a 2003 Volvo s40. My daughter is 9.5 months 23lbs 30.5 inches and we need a car seat that will not take up lots of space & can be rear-facing for a good while. Also, my husband drives the most and is very tall. I would like to know of a couple of models if possible in low to moderate price range. Any help you van offer would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Hello,
I own a 2003 Volvo s40. My daughter is 9.5 months 23lbs 30.5 inches and we need a car seat that will not take up lots of space & can be rear-facing for a good while. Also, my husband drives the most and is very tall. I would like to know of a couple of models if possible in low to moderate price range. Any help you van offer would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome! :) Some seats in the low to moderate price range to research include the Evenflo Sureride and the Graco My Ride. The Evenflo has a rear-facing height limit of 40", so it may not provide as much rear-facing time, but it's decently priced and has very tall top slots when used forward-facing several years down the road. The Graco My Ride (depending on the vehicle) can install very upright. My son with a long torso fit in the My Ride rear-facing until he was 3.5 years old, but I've seen parents post about their kids with shorter torsos than my son outgrowing it sooner, so I think it depends on the angle of the install in the car on how much rear-facing time kids can get. I hope someone will be along with more suggestions soon. :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
In addition to those I'd look at the Evenflo Triumph Advance. It has a more 'egg like' form and seems to take up less front to back. It has an infinite slide harness. The shell often seems shorter, but because of the shape kids sit down into it more. It's got great leg room.

Albeebaby.com has one for $109 right now, and also walmart.com has great deals on the MyRides right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC