Car seat for traveling

jbaitz

I have a question from my SIL.

"We want to buy a cheap, but safe seat to leave at my moms in KS and want it to go up high in weight so it can rear and forward face until she no longer needs a car seat. We don't have too much to spend. Any suggestions?"

They are not sure if they will be buying a seat on the plane for her or just having the family buy the seat there and have it waiting.

Stats:
13 months
17 lbs
9-12 month size oneises

I believe she us currently in a Britax Pavillion, but they don't want to lug that seat around.

Thanks so much!!

ADS

Kaitsmom

Please try to stress to her that the baby needs their own seat on the plane and secured in the car seat, its the safest thing for everyone

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I agree with above. Everyone, even the FAA recommends children under 2y ride in their own seats. Turbulence can be bad and look at the crash that just recently happened.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The seats mentioned above should last until the baby no longer needs a harness, but please also remind her that her child will need a booster seat (or two) after outgrowing the convertible carseat. Thankfully, most boosters are cheaper than are harnessed seats. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC