booster on child care bus?

ohiomommy08

Hi everyone! I need some advice!

My daughter is a petite 5 year old. 35 lbs, 41 inches, 14 inch torso.

She will be attending Kindergarten at KinderCare (I work there) in the fall and will occasionally ride the bus for field trips etc. Next summer she will be doing a lot of field trips on the bus.

Our busses do have lap and shoulder belts that all the kids have to use, but I'm wondering if I will need to provide a booster seat for her to use. The director told me that the shoulder belts adjust up and down, but she is so tiny I don't even think it would fit her correctly. Should I get a booster (and suggestions on which one please!!) or is the compartmentalization, bus seatbelts OK? I don't want to be the paranoid mom, so if it's safe, I'm fine with that, but I just don't know and I want her to be safe. Help please!!

We have not started booster training yet, but I thought for now that we could get a budget friendly booster that would work on the bus if needed and also to use if she rides in other cars etc. She rides with me to work/school every day, so I could keep her Nauti for longer/highway trips, but try the booster for the short trip each day. Eventually we could get a more substantial booster that would be better for sleeping etc.

Any help is appreciated!! I can get pictures later if needed. (She's sick today, so we're both at home). Thank you!!

Laurie

ADS

jnamommy

Since you work there, would it be easy enough for you to take your dd and physically check out the bus? Have her sit in the seat and see how well the belts fit/don't fit. I am not familiar with a bus with seatbelts, so not sure if they are designed for kiddos or still adult-sized.

If the belts don't fit, I would not hesitate to get her a booster or carseat to keep her safe. If she can't sit still in a booster, a combination seat that you would install on the bus would be a good option.

MommyShannon

I'd check it out too. My dd rode a smaller daycare bus that looked kind of like a shuttle bus. It actually had a harness system built in for younger kids. I wonder if that's the case.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC