Question Suggestions for a Safer Car

Lady Dutchess

With baby #2 due this December, I am looking for a more kid friendly car. My 20 month old is RF in a Diono Radian. When I put an infant seat next to it, the seat is pushed against the door. I am hoping for 3 babies and would LOVE your suggestions on a wider, larger car to safely get my kids through LA traffic.

We were thinking of a crossover like the Highlander. However, we want a car that can tether 3 FF car seats in the future. Looking at crossovers, SUVs and minivans. Thoughts?

ADS

AK Dad

Can't go wrong doing your research on www.iihs.org

Also, any vehicle after 2002 is required to have 3-across FF tethers, so anything you get will fit the ill there. Check out the "successful 3-across" thread to see which combinations have worked for people before.

NVMBR02

Dh and I really liked the Highlander when we test drove it. It some ways, it was my first pick. Ultimately though, we didn't want to do a 3 across anymore, the cargo room was just a teeny bit too small for daily use with the third row up and I wanted more tether locations/tether spots in the 3rd row so I would be able to put dd2 back there when we have extra adults.

We ended up with a Honda Pilot and we love it! It has been great. We also looked at minivans. I really liked the Honda Odyssey, it would have been our first choice for a van, with the Toyota Sienna being a distant second. If my kids would have been a couple of years younger or if we would have needed more cargo room on a regular basis, the Odyssey would have been our pick.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC