WOw the Prezi is nice looking!

bbartlettnfld

One came into our clinic today. It was a very nice looking seat, first time i'd seen one "in the wild" so to speak! Love the foam insert which is what makes it look so reclined, it reminded me a lot of my Maxi Cosi Cabrio.

Parents had bought 5 different Infant seats to work with their baby jogger (I'm assuming City Select as dad said it can could convert to double stroller for the next baby.) They settled on the Prezi as it have the most secure connection to their stroller.

Pretty awesome for around here. Nothing ever that fancy comes in to our clinics, mostly if you can't get it at walmart it doesn't exist!

ETA: I showed it to my husband via the TRU website so he could see the 299.99$ price tag he said he wasn't surprised and that if he was having a new baby he'd want it to ride in a "Macbook Pro" too.. I guess that means I can get a Prezi for my future #3!

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
It's got some nice features, but it's not a seat I would choose to use. I didn't like the way it installed in my car, it takes up a ton of front to back room. I also found the carrier difficult to carry, but I'm short.

tam_shops

I still haven't seen it IRL. It a really nice seat, but $300 for a seat that goes to 29" is too much money for too short a time. My kids were both that tall before their first birthday.

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've seen it and played with it a little and I think it has a lot of really great features. I would love to see a newborn in it to have a look, but generally all the infant seats from Dorel fit newborns really well. Personally, I think that seat is possibly more worth the $299 price tag than the Peg Perego which is heavy and can be difficult to get a good harness fit with a newborn.

Then again, I'm a big believer in anti-rebound bars, and I loved the fabric, the headrest adjustment, and just the overall depth of the seat - I think it'll grow well with babies.

Height growing room isn't a big deal to me - I never carried the carrier regularly once my kids were heavier, and a higher height limit isn't going to save a seat purchase down the road. The extra height can be convenient depending on lifestyle, but it's definitely not a deal breaker for me. (Even as a mom of a kid who outgrew a 29" limit seat at 5.5 months and went and bought a 32" seat to finish out the winter.)

bbartlettnfld

I agree, I used a maxi cosi Cabrio for my son when we were overseas and the 29lb and 28ins (I think) was enough to get 18months of use out of it. So 30ins and 30lbs is pretty good IMO. Especially since I'm pretty sure all the other Dorel seats have a 22lb weight limit in Canada.

I also agree on this being a better choice that he same priced Peg Perego.

kmw

I agree, I used a maxi cosi Cabrio for my son when we were overseas and the 29lb and 28ins (I think) was enough to get 18months of use out of it.

You have really short kids! Most are out of a 29 inch seat before their first birthday... and here I thought I was the only one to have a kid that would have been fine in a Mico (22lbs/29") until about 17 months!

What was the fabric like in the seat? This is one of my biggest gripes with infant seats right now...

bbartlettnfld

My son was short but very Stocky! He was 30lbs at 19months! My daughter is also short but she is very petite. she is 10 and still needs a booster seat.

The fabric to me felt similar to the neoprene feel of the Quinny Buzz stroller seat. Fabric is not really a concern to me so I didn't really notice to be honest. Its very smooth and quite Kooshy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC