WWYD RF/FF on a long-haul flight?

Rebekah

We will be flying to Korea soon which is a 14-hour flight. We bought a seat for our 19-months-old, 25lbs., 32in. DD and will be taking our RXT. She will be RF in our car, but I am torn between having her RF or turning her FF on the plane so that she can see the movies, use the tray table, etc. I am open to switching the position mid-flight to allow for more comfortable sleeping.

So, what would you do?

ADS

krystin_21a

If you are open to switching mid flight and have someone to help with the switch (ie, watching the baby) then I would do that. However, if there is someone sitting in front of the child's seat I would install rear facing from the get go so that passenger in front of you knows what to expect.

newyorkDOC

I install FF on flights once the kid is interested in the table/screen etc. it's just easier for everyone IMO and I just don't need the extra hassle of heated discussions with anyone when I'm dealing with little sleep (me), long flights, and cranky kids.

mrosehughes

I used an angle adjuster to rf my DS in his radian on a Southwest Airlines flight a few years ago. It was super tight but doable. I'd say give RFing a go, especially if you think you can switch mid-flight if it isn't working for you. Occupying a toddler while they're RFing is actually easier in some ways (although as they get older ffing gets easier IMO).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC